Semi fire causes I-64 closure
MT. VERNON — Five cars being hauled by a semi truck on I-64 caught fire Tuesday night, resulting in the interstate being closed for about 20 minutes, said Chief Robert Beal of the Jefferson Fire Protection District.The incident took place shortly aftContinued ...
Tri-County's annual meeting set for July 12
MT. VERNON — Members of the Tri-County Electric Cooperative will get a chance to take part in agency business while also enjoying a “picnic-like” atmosphere at the upcoming Annual Meeting July 12, said organizers.The large-scale celebration typicallyContinued ...
Village to host war program
MT. VERNON — The Jefferson County Historical Society will present a free program on the Revolutionary War at 1 p.m. July 12 at the Historical Village.As part of the event, 18th Century historian David Jahntz will deliver a three-part lecture on the wContinued ...
Construction tops $1.4M
MT. VERNON — Construction in the city for June came in at more than $1.4 million.Commercial building was at $1.205 million, with alterations and renovations to existing structures at $625,000 and new construction at $580,000.Residential building cameContinued ...
WWII veteran set to take off
MT. VERNON —Decorated World War II veteran Cpl. William Lee will be one of several veterans who will be taking an Honor Flight to Washington D.C on Aug. 6.Lee, 94, served with the First Infantry Division of the U.S. Armed Forces, also known as the “BContinued ...
- History Village to host Revolutionary War program
- Local veterinarian offers tips for pet safety
- Wine class to be offered July 9
- Energy assistance available
- Multiple arson charges filed
- JFPD makes alarms available
- Church demolition to begin
- Commission retains duties
- MVTHS approves contract change
- MVFD promotes firework safety to community
- Semi fire causes I-64 closure