Central Christian Church helps serve community
MT. VERNON -- More than 600 volunteers took part in the April 12 Central Serve Day organized by Central Christian Church. As part of the new program, members completed a variety of service projects that day throughout Mt. Vernon, including some much-Continued ...
Good Friday service planned
MT. VERNON -- The Jefferson County Ministerial Association will present a special Community Good Friday Service at 12:15 p.m. Friday at the Good Samaritan Regional Health Center Chapel in Mt. Vernon. Organizers say the format of the service will be sContinued ...
Chaplain given special assignment
MT. VERNON -- In honor of his 20 years of service as Jefferson County FOP chaplain, Mt. Vernon's Dan Lovin has been chosen as one of the state representatives to attend the National Peace Officers' Memorial Service in the nation's Capitol. "Since I'vContinued ...
City part of state bike plan
MT. VERNON -- City officials provided input and comments on a Bike Transportation Plan released Wednesday by Gov. Pat Quinn. "A group of us went to a workshop on the Illinois Bike plan a few months ago," said City Tourism Director Bonnie Jerdon. "ItContinued ...
Ride for Rylan slated
MT. VERNON -- A Ride for Rylan benefit has been scheduled for a Field Grade School fourth-grader who has a cancerous tumor. Rylan Ashby, the son of Jon and Jessica Ashby, ran a fever for about 1 1/2 weeks. Following blood work and further testing, ofContinued ...
- Central Christian Church volunteers serve the community
- Community Good Friday Service to be held at Good Samaritan
- Officials confirm 1 case of norovirus
- Council considers rate hike
- Local school raises money for heart health
- MVTHS eyes high gas bill
- County multiplier announced
- MVTHS officials concerned about gas bill
- Summersville Grade School raises money for heart health
- MVTHS approves changes
- Central Christian Church helps serve community