Liam James Bradley Smith, two months old, of Kell, died Friday, Oct. 25, 2013, at Cardinal Glennon Children's Medical Center in St. Louis.He was born Aug. 26, 2013, in St. Louis, the son of Dakota James and Denea Nichole (Green) Smith. He is survived by his parents of Kell; a sister, Ava Nichole Smith of Kell; his maternal grandparents, Bradley and Deann Green of Kell; his paternal grandparents, Jim and Carrie Smith of Kell; his great-grandparents, Bill and Mary Ann Smith of Dix, Darrell and Patty Wilkins of Kell, Walter and Patricia Green of Texico and Dee and Patsy Braddock of Orchardville; his great-great-grandmother, Ann See of Alma; and several aunts, uncles and cousins.He was preceded in death by his great-great-grandparents. Funeral services will be held 10 a.m. Thursday, at Donoho Prairie Christian Church in Texico with Mr. Shannon Bopp officiating. Visitation will be from 5 to 8 p.m. on today, at Hughey Funeral Home in Mt. Vernon. Interment will be at Old Donoho Cemetery in Texico.For those who wish, memorials may be given to the Smith family and will be accepted at the funeral home or mailed to Hughey Funeral Home, P.O. Box 721, Mt. Vernon, IL 62864.Arrangements have been entrusted to the care of Hughey Funeral Home where you may call 242-3348 or visit www.hugheyfuneralhome1969.com for further information and to send condolences.
- Verla Richardson Verla J. Richardson, 64, of McLeansboro, died at 8:15 p.m. Saturday, July 26 at Deaconess Hospital in Evansville, Ind.She was born Feb. 17, 1950, in McLeansboro, the daughter of Millage and Edith (Essary) Thompson. She married Merle Langley, who prec
- Ethel Hardig Ethel Louise Hardig, 55, of Mt. Vernon, died at 4:48 a.m. Saturday, July 26, 2014, at her home.She was born on March 8, 1959, in Champaign, the daughter of Fred Arnold and Dollie May (Kingston) Wheeler.She attended Unity High School in Tolono and rec
- Leon Bennett Leon Bennett, 66, of Xenia, passed away at 2:14 a.m. Friday, July 25, 2014, at his home.Leon was born July 8, 1948, in Johnsonville, a son of Ferman Luther and Dororthy Dorene (Burgess) Bennett. He married Charlotte Sue Caudle on May 3, 1969, in Xeni
Verla J. Richardson, 64, of McLeansboro, died at 8:15 p.m. Saturday, July 26 at Deaconess Hospital in Evansville, Ind.
Ethel Louise Hardig, 55, of Mt. Vernon, died at 4:48 a.m. Saturday, July 26, 2014, at her home.
- Burrell "Gene" Davis Burrell Eugene “Gene” Davis, 86, of Mt. Vernon, died at 6 a.m. Friday, July 25, 2014, at Mt. Vernon Countryside Manor in Mt. Vernon.Mr. Davis was a retired Illinois Bell Telephone employee for forty years, ending his career as the state safety direct
- Rodney Lipe Rodney James Lipe, 76, of Mt. Vernon, died 2:40 a.m. Friday, July 25, 2014, at Mt. Vernon Countryside Manor in Mt. Vernon. He was born Friday, April 29, 1938, in Jacksonville, the son of James A. and Ida Mae Lipe.Rodney worked as a laborer in area oi
- Marshall Cross, Jr. Marshall Marion Cross, Jr., 74, of Belle Rive, went to be with Jesus at 3:35 p.m. Thursday, July 24, 2014, at his home in Belle Rive.He was born Friday, Sept. 15, 1939, in Mt. Vernon, the son of Marshall Marion Cross, Sr. and Lena A. (Sneed) Cross. H
- Donna Dammrich Donna Marie Dammrich, of Potosi, Mo., departed this life on July 19, 2014, having reached the age of fifty three years, five months and three days.She was born on Feb. 16, 1961, in Honolulu, a daughter to Elmo Kebodeaux and the late Marlys Daley Kebo
- Karen Kirk Karen L. Kirk, 59, of Mt. Vernon, died 2:32 p.m. Wednesday, July 23, 2014, at Good Samaritan Regional Health Center in Mt. Vernon. She was born Sunday, Sept. 12, 1954, in Granite City, the daughter of Maxie Millan and Beulah Fern (Shell) Sanders. She
- More Obituaries Headlines