Liam James Bradley Smith, two months old, of Kell, died Friday, Oct. 25, 2013, at Cardinal Glennon Children's Medical Center in St. Louis.He was born Aug. 26, 2013, in St. Louis, the son of Dakota James and Denea Nichole (Green) Smith. He is survived by his parents of Kell; a sister, Ava Nichole Smith of Kell; his maternal grandparents, Bradley and Deann Green of Kell; his paternal grandparents, Jim and Carrie Smith of Kell; his great-grandparents, Bill and Mary Ann Smith of Dix, Darrell and Patty Wilkins of Kell, Walter and Patricia Green of Texico and Dee and Patsy Braddock of Orchardville; his great-great-grandmother, Ann See of Alma; and several aunts, uncles and cousins.He was preceded in death by his great-great-grandparents. Funeral services will be held 10 a.m. Thursday, at Donoho Prairie Christian Church in Texico with Mr. Shannon Bopp officiating. Visitation will be from 5 to 8 p.m. on today, at Hughey Funeral Home in Mt. Vernon. Interment will be at Old Donoho Cemetery in Texico.For those who wish, memorials may be given to the Smith family and will be accepted at the funeral home or mailed to Hughey Funeral Home, P.O. Box 721, Mt. Vernon, IL 62864.Arrangements have been entrusted to the care of Hughey Funeral Home where you may call 242-3348 or visit www.hugheyfuneralhome1969.com for further information and to send condolences.
James Robert Askew, 66, of Mt. Vernon, passed away at 9:50 p.m., Thursday, Dec. 5, 2013, at Marion VA Medical Center in Marion. Arrangements are pending and are entrusted to the care of Hughey Funeral Home where you may call 242-3348 or visit www.hug
- Wilma Hapeman The visitation and memorial services scheduled for 1 to 2 p.m. Sunday at Fouts Christian Church for Wilma Irene Hapeman have been canceled and will be rescheduled at a later time. Wilma Hapeman
- Charles Jones The graveside burial of ashes for Charles E. Jones has been canceled for Saturday and they will be held at a later date. Charles Jones
- John Horan John Horan, 62, of Mt. Vernon, passed away at 9:20 a.m., Friday, Dec. 6, 2013, at his home in Mt. Vernon. Arrangements are pending and are entrusted to the care of Hughey Funeral Home where you may call 242-3348 or visit www.hugheyfuneralhome1969.com
- Donald Beckman Donald Beckman, 81, of Mt. Vernon, passed away at 11:20 a.m., Friday, Dec. 6 at his home in Mt. Vernon. Arrangements are pending and are entrusted to the care of Hughey Funeral Home where you may call 242-3348 or visit www.hugheyfuneralhome1969.com f
- Beulah Scarbrough Beulah Scarbrough, 91, of Sims, died at 3:30 p.m. Dec. 4, 2013, at Cisne Manor in Cisne. She was a homemaker. She was born on Sept. 22, 1922, in Wayne County, a daughter of Simon and Lura (Ellis) Coil. She is survived by three sons, Ronald Scarbrough
- Bill Mayo, Jr. William Edward "Bill" Mayo, Jr., 80, of Mt. Vernon, died 3:27 p.m. Wednesday, Dec. 4, 2013, at Crossroads Community Hospital in Mt. Vernon. He was born Monday, Jan. 2, 1933, in Mt. Vernon, the son of William Edward Mayo, Sr. and Vera (Sechrest) Mayo.
- Charles Jones Charles E. Jones, 89, of Urbana, died Dec. 2, 2013. Graveside service will be held at 2 p.m. Saturday at I.O.O.F. Cemetery in McLeansboro with the Rev. Jim Peak officiating. Local services will be handled by Harre Funeral Home. Charles Jones
- Maxine Horton Maxine Johnson Horton, 89, of Brentwood, Calif., and formerly of Bluford, died Friday, Nov. 29, 2013, at her residence. Funeral services will be held at Brentwood Funeral Home in Brentwood, Calif. Maxine Horton
- Lula Bell Jennings Lula Bell Jennings, age 73, of Mt. Vernon, passed away 8:40 a.m. Tuesday, Dec. 3, 2013, at her home in Mt. Vernon. She was born Jan. 16, 1940, in Sledge, Miss., the daughter of Jimmie Lee and Ida Mae (Harris) Spearman. She married Randal "R.C." Jenni
- More Obituaries Headlines
- James Askew