Ruby L. Miller, 91, of Mt. Vernon, died at 5:12 p.m. Thursday, Oct. 31, 2013, at her home in Mt. Vernon.She was born Nov. 11, 1921, in Hamilton County, a daughter of Raleigh J. and Eva (Standerfer) Moore. She married Raymond Miller on May 9, 1942, in Jackson, Mo., and he preceded her in death on Feb. 5, 1992.She is survived by a son, Eugene Miller and wife Sandra of Mt. Vernon; a daughter, Loreva Johnson and husband Bob of Knob Noster, Mo.; four grandsons, Jeffrey Schultz and wife Jamison of Mt. Vernon, Scott Schultz and wife Jenifer of St. Joseph, Mo., Robert Schultz and wife Melissa of Knob Nester, Mo. and Billy Miller and wife Renae of Peoria; two granddaughters, Karen Johnson of Holden, Mo., and Lori Jo Showers and husband Will of McLeansboro; six great-grandchildren, Taylor Ray Schultz, Kaylin Schultz, Kasey Johnson-Atkins, Anna Showers, Samantha Showers and Adam Miller; brother-in-law, Charles Miller and wife Sandy; and several nieces, nephews and cousins.She was preceded in death by her parents, husband and a brother, Eugene Malcolm Moore.Ruby was executive secretary for the John R. Mitchell Museum Foundation, a member of the Daughters of the American Revolution. She attended First Baptist Church in Mt. Vernon and was an avid St. Louis Cardinals fan.Services will be at 10 a.m. Monday at Hughey Funeral Home in Mt. Vernon with Pastor Josepha Lecke officiating. Interment will be in Oakwood Cemetery in Mt. Vernon.Visitation will be held from 5 to 7 p.m. Sunday at Hughey Funeral Home in Mt. Vernon.Arrangements have been entrusted to the care of Hughey Funeral Home where you may call 242-3348 or visit www.hugheyfuneralhome1969.com for further information or to send condolences.
Verla J. Richardson, 64, of McLeansboro, died at 8:15 p.m. Saturday, July 26 at Deaconess Hospital in Evansville, Ind.
Ethel Louise Hardig, 55, of Mt. Vernon, died at 4:48 a.m. Saturday, July 26, 2014, at her home.
- Burrell "Gene" Davis Burrell Eugene “Gene” Davis, 86, of Mt. Vernon, died at 6 a.m. Friday, July 25, 2014, at Mt. Vernon Countryside Manor in Mt. Vernon.Mr. Davis was a retired Illinois Bell Telephone employee for forty years, ending his career as the state safety direct
- Rodney Lipe Rodney James Lipe, 76, of Mt. Vernon, died 2:40 a.m. Friday, July 25, 2014, at Mt. Vernon Countryside Manor in Mt. Vernon. He was born Friday, April 29, 1938, in Jacksonville, the son of James A. and Ida Mae Lipe.Rodney worked as a laborer in area oi
- Marshall Cross, Jr. Marshall Marion Cross, Jr., 74, of Belle Rive, went to be with Jesus at 3:35 p.m. Thursday, July 24, 2014, at his home in Belle Rive.He was born Friday, Sept. 15, 1939, in Mt. Vernon, the son of Marshall Marion Cross, Sr. and Lena A. (Sneed) Cross. H
- Donna Dammrich Donna Marie Dammrich, of Potosi, Mo., departed this life on July 19, 2014, having reached the age of fifty three years, five months and three days.She was born on Feb. 16, 1961, in Honolulu, a daughter to Elmo Kebodeaux and the late Marlys Daley Kebo
- Karen Kirk Karen L. Kirk, 59, of Mt. Vernon, died 2:32 p.m. Wednesday, July 23, 2014, at Good Samaritan Regional Health Center in Mt. Vernon. She was born Sunday, Sept. 12, 1954, in Granite City, the daughter of Maxie Millan and Beulah Fern (Shell) Sanders. She
- W. Gregg Goodman W. Gregg Goodman, age 63, of Swansea, formerly of Mt. Vernon, passed away on Tuesday, July 22, 2014, at St. Elizabeth’s Hospital in Belleville.He was born July 11, 1951, to P. William (Bill) and Patricia (Bragg) Goodman in Carbondale.Gregg was the Co
- Harvey Lovin Harvey Lovin, 97, of Mt. Vernon, passed away at his home on Tuesday, July 22, 2014.He was born in Opdyke, on Dec. 10, 1916, the son of Henry C. and Emma Gifford Lovin.He lived in St. Louis and in Bluford before serving in the Army as a staff sergeant
- Pauline Bohlen Pauline G. Bohlen, 93, of Mt. Vernon, passed away on Wednesday, July 23, 2014, at 2:30 a.m. in Mt. Vernon.Pauline was born May 20, 1921, in Burlington, Iowa. After graduating from Burlington High School, Pauline was a waitress and a telephone operato
- More Obituaries Headlines
- Verla Richardson