Ruby L. Miller, 91, of Mt. Vernon, died at 5:12 p.m. Thursday, Oct. 31, 2013, at her home in Mt. Vernon.She was born Nov. 11, 1921, in Hamilton County, a daughter of Raleigh J. and Eva (Standerfer) Moore. She married Raymond Miller on May 9, 1942, in Jackson, Mo., and he preceded her in death on Feb. 5, 1992.She is survived by a son, Eugene Miller and wife Sandra of Mt. Vernon; a daughter, Loreva Johnson and husband Bob of Knob Noster, Mo.; four grandsons, Jeffrey Schultz and wife Jamison of Mt. Vernon, Scott Schultz and wife Jenifer of St. Joseph, Mo., Robert Schultz and wife Melissa of Knob Nester, Mo. and Billy Miller and wife Renae of Peoria; two granddaughters, Karen Johnson of Holden, Mo., and Lori Jo Showers and husband Will of McLeansboro; six great-grandchildren, Taylor Ray Schultz, Kaylin Schultz, Kasey Johnson-Atkins, Anna Showers, Samantha Showers and Adam Miller; brother-in-law, Charles Miller and wife Sandy; and several nieces, nephews and cousins.She was preceded in death by her parents, husband and a brother, Eugene Malcolm Moore.Ruby was executive secretary for the John R. Mitchell Museum Foundation, a member of the Daughters of the American Revolution. She attended First Baptist Church in Mt. Vernon and was an avid St. Louis Cardinals fan.Services will be at 10 a.m. Monday at Hughey Funeral Home in Mt. Vernon with Pastor Josepha Lecke officiating. Interment will be in Oakwood Cemetery in Mt. Vernon.Visitation will be held from 5 to 7 p.m. Sunday at Hughey Funeral Home in Mt. Vernon.Arrangements have been entrusted to the care of Hughey Funeral Home where you may call 242-3348 or visit www.hugheyfuneralhome1969.com for further information or to send condolences.
James Robert Askew, 66, of Mt. Vernon, passed away at 9:50 p.m., Thursday, Dec. 5, 2013, at Marion VA Medical Center in Marion. Arrangements are pending and are entrusted to the care of Hughey Funeral Home where you may call 242-3348 or visit www.hug
- Wilma Hapeman The visitation and memorial services scheduled for 1 to 2 p.m. Sunday at Fouts Christian Church for Wilma Irene Hapeman have been canceled and will be rescheduled at a later time. Wilma Hapeman
- Charles Jones The graveside burial of ashes for Charles E. Jones has been canceled for Saturday and they will be held at a later date. Charles Jones
- John Horan John Horan, 62, of Mt. Vernon, passed away at 9:20 a.m., Friday, Dec. 6, 2013, at his home in Mt. Vernon. Arrangements are pending and are entrusted to the care of Hughey Funeral Home where you may call 242-3348 or visit www.hugheyfuneralhome1969.com
- Donald Beckman Donald Beckman, 81, of Mt. Vernon, passed away at 11:20 a.m., Friday, Dec. 6 at his home in Mt. Vernon. Arrangements are pending and are entrusted to the care of Hughey Funeral Home where you may call 242-3348 or visit www.hugheyfuneralhome1969.com f
- Beulah Scarbrough Beulah Scarbrough, 91, of Sims, died at 3:30 p.m. Dec. 4, 2013, at Cisne Manor in Cisne. She was a homemaker. She was born on Sept. 22, 1922, in Wayne County, a daughter of Simon and Lura (Ellis) Coil. She is survived by three sons, Ronald Scarbrough
- Bill Mayo, Jr. William Edward "Bill" Mayo, Jr., 80, of Mt. Vernon, died 3:27 p.m. Wednesday, Dec. 4, 2013, at Crossroads Community Hospital in Mt. Vernon. He was born Monday, Jan. 2, 1933, in Mt. Vernon, the son of William Edward Mayo, Sr. and Vera (Sechrest) Mayo.
- Charles Jones Charles E. Jones, 89, of Urbana, died Dec. 2, 2013. Graveside service will be held at 2 p.m. Saturday at I.O.O.F. Cemetery in McLeansboro with the Rev. Jim Peak officiating. Local services will be handled by Harre Funeral Home. Charles Jones
- Maxine Horton Maxine Johnson Horton, 89, of Brentwood, Calif., and formerly of Bluford, died Friday, Nov. 29, 2013, at her residence. Funeral services will be held at Brentwood Funeral Home in Brentwood, Calif. Maxine Horton
- Lula Bell Jennings Lula Bell Jennings, age 73, of Mt. Vernon, passed away 8:40 a.m. Tuesday, Dec. 3, 2013, at her home in Mt. Vernon. She was born Jan. 16, 1940, in Sledge, Miss., the daughter of Jimmie Lee and Ida Mae (Harris) Spearman. She married Randal "R.C." Jenni
- More Obituaries Headlines
- James Askew