Carolyn Pearl Kerans, of Wayne City, passed away 5:20 p.m. Wednesday, June 19, 2013, at Hamilton Memorial Hospital. She was born Dec. 12, 1938, to John and Edna (Wilson) Carrico in Hidalgo, Jasper County. Carolyn was raised by her grandparents, Frank and Barbara Carrico, after the death of both of her parents. Carolyn is survived by her husband of 54 years, Lowell; one sister, Shirley Wellbaum (George) of Greenup; aunt, Thelma Keller of Greenup; her children, Pamela (Larry) Braddock of Bluford, Michael of McLeansboro and Bradley (Michele) of St. Peters, Mo.; grandchildren, Jessica (Kyle) Struckhoff of Webb City, Mo., Sara (Steven) Fey of Mt. Pleasant, Iowa, Presley and Paxton Kerans of McLeansboro and Samantha, Amanda and Savannah Kerans of St. Peters, Mo.; and great-grandchildren, Mason and Henley Struckhoff of Webb City, Mo. Carolyn retired from Wayne City Unit 100 School. She had been an active member of the Jr. Women's Club and was also a 4-H leader for many years. She enjoyed attending Wayne City High School basketball games, dancing and quilting and was an avid Cardinals fan.Services for Carolyn will be held at 2:30 p.m. Sunday at Archie L. Sanders Memorial Chapel.Visitation will be held from 5 to 8 p.m. on Saturday at Richardson Funeral Home in Wayne City. Memorials may be mdde to Hamilton Memorial Hospital Foundation and will be accepted at the funeral home.
- Verla Richardson Verla J. Richardson, 64, of McLeansboro, died at 8:15 p.m. Saturday, July 26 at Deaconess Hospital in Evansville, Ind.She was born Feb. 17, 1950, in McLeansboro, the daughter of Millage and Edith (Essary) Thompson. She married Merle Langley, who prec
- Ethel Hardig Ethel Louise Hardig, 55, of Mt. Vernon, died at 4:48 a.m. Saturday, July 26, 2014, at her home.She was born on March 8, 1959, in Champaign, the daughter of Fred Arnold and Dollie May (Kingston) Wheeler.She attended Unity High School in Tolono and rec
- Leon Bennett Leon Bennett, 66, of Xenia, passed away at 2:14 a.m. Friday, July 25, 2014, at his home.Leon was born July 8, 1948, in Johnsonville, a son of Ferman Luther and Dororthy Dorene (Burgess) Bennett. He married Charlotte Sue Caudle on May 3, 1969, in Xeni
Verla J. Richardson, 64, of McLeansboro, died at 8:15 p.m. Saturday, July 26 at Deaconess Hospital in Evansville, Ind.
Ethel Louise Hardig, 55, of Mt. Vernon, died at 4:48 a.m. Saturday, July 26, 2014, at her home.
- Burrell "Gene" Davis Burrell Eugene “Gene” Davis, 86, of Mt. Vernon, died at 6 a.m. Friday, July 25, 2014, at Mt. Vernon Countryside Manor in Mt. Vernon.Mr. Davis was a retired Illinois Bell Telephone employee for forty years, ending his career as the state safety direct
- Rodney Lipe Rodney James Lipe, 76, of Mt. Vernon, died 2:40 a.m. Friday, July 25, 2014, at Mt. Vernon Countryside Manor in Mt. Vernon. He was born Friday, April 29, 1938, in Jacksonville, the son of James A. and Ida Mae Lipe.Rodney worked as a laborer in area oi
- Marshall Cross, Jr. Marshall Marion Cross, Jr., 74, of Belle Rive, went to be with Jesus at 3:35 p.m. Thursday, July 24, 2014, at his home in Belle Rive.He was born Friday, Sept. 15, 1939, in Mt. Vernon, the son of Marshall Marion Cross, Sr. and Lena A. (Sneed) Cross. H
- Donna Dammrich Donna Marie Dammrich, of Potosi, Mo., departed this life on July 19, 2014, having reached the age of fifty three years, five months and three days.She was born on Feb. 16, 1961, in Honolulu, a daughter to Elmo Kebodeaux and the late Marlys Daley Kebo
- Karen Kirk Karen L. Kirk, 59, of Mt. Vernon, died 2:32 p.m. Wednesday, July 23, 2014, at Good Samaritan Regional Health Center in Mt. Vernon. She was born Sunday, Sept. 12, 1954, in Granite City, the daughter of Maxie Millan and Beulah Fern (Shell) Sanders. She
- More Obituaries Headlines