Carolyn Pearl Kerans, of Wayne City, passed away 5:20 p.m. Wednesday, June 19, 2013, at Hamilton Memorial Hospital. She was born Dec. 12, 1938, to John and Edna (Wilson) Carrico in Hidalgo, Jasper County. Carolyn was raised by her grandparents, Frank and Barbara Carrico, after the death of both of her parents. Carolyn is survived by her husband of 54 years, Lowell; one sister, Shirley Wellbaum (George) of Greenup; aunt, Thelma Keller of Greenup; her children, Pamela (Larry) Braddock of Bluford, Michael of McLeansboro and Bradley (Michele) of St. Peters, Mo.; grandchildren, Jessica (Kyle) Struckhoff of Webb City, Mo., Sara (Steven) Fey of Mt. Pleasant, Iowa, Presley and Paxton Kerans of McLeansboro and Samantha, Amanda and Savannah Kerans of St. Peters, Mo.; and great-grandchildren, Mason and Henley Struckhoff of Webb City, Mo. Carolyn retired from Wayne City Unit 100 School. She had been an active member of the Jr. Women's Club and was also a 4-H leader for many years. She enjoyed attending Wayne City High School basketball games, dancing and quilting and was an avid Cardinals fan.Services for Carolyn will be held at 2:30 p.m. Sunday at Archie L. Sanders Memorial Chapel.Visitation will be held from 5 to 8 p.m. on Saturday at Richardson Funeral Home in Wayne City. Memorials may be mdde to Hamilton Memorial Hospital Foundation and will be accepted at the funeral home.
- Carl Dyel Carl J. Dyel, 93, of Mt. Vernon, died 2:20 p.m. Sunday, Dec. 8, 2013, at his home in Mt. Vernon. He was born Friday, Oct. 15, 1920, in St. Louis, the son of Otto and Inez (Severns) Dyel. He married Louisa A. Richardson on May 18, 1941, in Perryville,
- John Horan John C. Horan, 62, of Mt. Vernon, died 9:20 a.m. Friday, Dec. 6, 2013, at his home in Mt. Vernon. He was born Saturday, Aug. 11, 1951, in Worcester, Mass., the son of John C. Horan, Sr. and Elizabeth (Anthony) Horan. He married Sandra Chivallati on J
- Otha Boykin Otha Boykin, 94, formerly of McLeansboro, died 2:55 p.m. Saturday, Dec. 7, 2013, at Marks Sunset Manor in Olney. Graveside services will be at 1 p.m. Wednesday at IOOF Cemetery in McLeansboro. Those attending are asked to go directly to the cemetery.
- Charles Edward Horton Charles Horton, 73, of Warwick, R.I., formerly of Belle Rive, passed away at 8 a.m. on Sunday, Dec. 1, 2013, at Kent Hospital in Warwick. Charles' request was to be cremated. Private burial of ashes will be held at a later date. Charles Edward Horto
- Pastor Donald L. Beckman Pastor Donald L. Beckman, 81, of Mt. Vernon, died at 11:20 a.m. Friday, Dec. 6, 2013, at his home in Mt. Vernon, surrounded by family and cherished loved ones. He was born Jan. 19, 1932, in Worthington, Minn., a son of Bernard and Rose (Webber) Beckm
- James R. Askew James Robert Askew, 66 years and 21 days old, of Mt. Vernon, died at 9:50 p.m. Thursday, Dec. 5, 2013, at the Marion VA Medical Center in Marion. He was born Nov. 14, 1947, in Mt. Vernon, the son of James Loyd and Katherine (Lemay) Askew. He was firs
- Martha "Janeice" Armes Martha "Janeice" Armes, 66, of Edgerton, Wis. passed away 10:23 p.m. Saturday, Dec. 7, 2013, at Saint Mary's Hospital in Madison, Wis. She was born Dec. 9, 1946, in Waltonville, the daughter of Benedict and Margaret (Stelmaszewski) Gajewski. She marr
- Virgil Paul Hunt Virgil Paul Hunt, 83, entered Heaven to live with Jesus, his Savior, on Thursday, Dec. 5, 2013, surrounded by his loving wife, children and grandchildren. Virgil was born Nov. 9, 1930, in Herrin, to Fay (Cavitt) and Jace Hunt. He attended Herrin High
James R. Askew
James Robert Askew, 66, of Mt. Vernon, died at 9:50 p.m. Thursday, Dec. 5, 2013, at the Marion VA Medical Center in Marion.
Pastor Donald L. Beckman
Pastor Donald L. Beckman, 81, of Mt. Vernon, died at 11:20 a.m. Friday, Dec. 6, 2013, at his home in Mt. Vernon, surrounded by family and cherished loved ones.
- More Obituaries Headlines