Justena B. Hodge, 92, of Mt. Vernon, died 10:02 a.m. Thursday, May 23, 2013, at Mt. Vernon Countryside Manor in Mt. Vernon. She was born June 27, 1920, in Morris Prairie in southeastern Jefferson County, the daughter of Vincent P. and Nora Ella (Robertson) Fullerton. She married Allen Hodge on June 17, 1939, in Ironton, Mo., and he preceded her in death on Dec. 17, 1992. She was raised near Macedonia and attended Macedonia High School in the last years of its existence, completing her education at McLeansboro High School. She was a long time member of Logan Street Baptist Church where she served for many years on the bereavement committee. She is survived by daughter, Sharon Grothoff of Mt. Vernon; three sons, Gary A. Hodge and wife Peggy of Kanab, Utah, Richard W. Hodge and wife Joy of Belle Rive and Steven K. Hodge of Mt. Vernon; 10 grandchildren, Tracy Hodge of Naperville, Wendy Vallo and husband Rick of Downers Grove, David Hodge and wife Ronnie of Antioch, Calif., Julie Johnson and husband Mark of St. Charles, Mo., Matthew Hodge and wife Miranda of Dahlgren, Emily Hodge and fiance Sean York of Springerton, Sarah Hodge of Dahlgren, Aaron Hodge and wife Whitney of Mt. Vernon, Tyson Hodge of Mt. Vernon and Kelly Hodge of Centralia; 11 great-grandchildren, David and Zachary Hodge of Antioch, Calif., Sawyer Hodge of Springerton, Georgia Grace Hodge, Leo and Henry Wallace, all of Dahlgren, Gavin Hodge and Rylee Arnett of Mt. Vernon and Daniel, Joseph and Samantha Hodge of Downers Grove; and several nieces and nephews. She was preceded in death by her parents; her husband; and one brother and sister-in-law, Vincent J. and Loretta Fullerton. Funeral service will be held at 1 p.m. Tuesday at Hughey Funeral Home in Mt. Vernon with the Rev. Merle Fullerton officiating. Interment will be at Mt. Vernon Memorial Gardens in Woodlawn. Visitation will be from 5 to 8 p.m. Monday at Hughey Funeral Home in Mt. Vernon. For those who wish, memorials may be given to the Dahlgren Community Chapel Mission Trip Fund and will be accepted at the funeral home or mailed to Hughey Funeral Home, P.O. Box 721, Mt. Vernon, IL 62864. Arrangements have been entrusted to the care of Hughey Funeral Home where you may call 242-3348 or visit www.hugheyfuneralhome1969.com for further information and to send condolences.
- Carl Dyel Carl J. Dyel, 93, of Mt. Vernon, died 2:20 p.m. Sunday, Dec. 8, 2013, at his home in Mt. Vernon. He was born Friday, Oct. 15, 1920, in St. Louis, the son of Otto and Inez (Severns) Dyel. He married Louisa A. Richardson on May 18, 1941, in Perryville,
- John Horan John C. Horan, 62, of Mt. Vernon, died 9:20 a.m. Friday, Dec. 6, 2013, at his home in Mt. Vernon. He was born Saturday, Aug. 11, 1951, in Worcester, Mass., the son of John C. Horan, Sr. and Elizabeth (Anthony) Horan. He married Sandra Chivallati on J
- Otha Boykin Otha Boykin, 94, formerly of McLeansboro, died 2:55 p.m. Saturday, Dec. 7, 2013, at Marks Sunset Manor in Olney. Graveside services will be at 1 p.m. Wednesday at IOOF Cemetery in McLeansboro. Those attending are asked to go directly to the cemetery.
- Charles Edward Horton Charles Horton, 73, of Warwick, R.I., formerly of Belle Rive, passed away at 8 a.m. on Sunday, Dec. 1, 2013, at Kent Hospital in Warwick. Charles' request was to be cremated. Private burial of ashes will be held at a later date. Charles Edward Horto
- Pastor Donald L. Beckman Pastor Donald L. Beckman, 81, of Mt. Vernon, died at 11:20 a.m. Friday, Dec. 6, 2013, at his home in Mt. Vernon, surrounded by family and cherished loved ones. He was born Jan. 19, 1932, in Worthington, Minn., a son of Bernard and Rose (Webber) Beckm
- James R. Askew James Robert Askew, 66 years and 21 days old, of Mt. Vernon, died at 9:50 p.m. Thursday, Dec. 5, 2013, at the Marion VA Medical Center in Marion. He was born Nov. 14, 1947, in Mt. Vernon, the son of James Loyd and Katherine (Lemay) Askew. He was firs
- Martha "Janeice" Armes Martha "Janeice" Armes, 66, of Edgerton, Wis. passed away 10:23 p.m. Saturday, Dec. 7, 2013, at Saint Mary's Hospital in Madison, Wis. She was born Dec. 9, 1946, in Waltonville, the daughter of Benedict and Margaret (Stelmaszewski) Gajewski. She marr
- Virgil Paul Hunt Virgil Paul Hunt, 83, entered Heaven to live with Jesus, his Savior, on Thursday, Dec. 5, 2013, surrounded by his loving wife, children and grandchildren. Virgil was born Nov. 9, 1930, in Herrin, to Fay (Cavitt) and Jace Hunt. He attended Herrin High
James R. Askew
James Robert Askew, 66, of Mt. Vernon, died at 9:50 p.m. Thursday, Dec. 5, 2013, at the Marion VA Medical Center in Marion.
Pastor Donald L. Beckman
Pastor Donald L. Beckman, 81, of Mt. Vernon, died at 11:20 a.m. Friday, Dec. 6, 2013, at his home in Mt. Vernon, surrounded by family and cherished loved ones.
- More Obituaries Headlines