Deloris Faye (Tuttle) Sulcer, 88, of Olney and a former resident of Waltonville, passed away 6:20 a.m. Tuesday, April 30, 2013, at the Richland Memorial Hospital in Olney. Deloris was born a daughter of John Henry and Eva Jean (Reed) Tuttle on July 19, 1924, in Mt. Vernon. She married Gilbert Norris Sulcer on April 13, 1943, in St. Louis, and he preceded her in death on July 9, 1995. Mrs. Sulcer was a seamstress at the Lyn Gai Garment factory in Sesser for many years. She was of the Protestant faith.She is survived by her son, Charles “Chuck" S. Sulcer and wife Polly J. of Olney; and also two grandsons, Charles Spencer Sulcer II of Olney and Bryan Lee Sulcer and special friend Remy of Evansville, Ind.Funeral services for Deloris Faye Sulcer will be held 1 p.m. Thursday at Newell Funeral Home in Mt. Vernon with Pastor Tim Reynolds officiating. Interment will follow at Knob Prairie Cemetery in Waltonville.Visitation will be held from 11 a.m. until service time on Thursday at the Newell Funeral Home in Mt. Vernon.She was preceded in death by her parents, John Henry and Eva Jean (Reed) Tuttle; husband, Gilbert Norris Sulcer; sister, Catherine Artis; and a brother, Jack E. Tuttle.For those who wish, memorials may be given to the Knob Prairie Cemetery and will be accepted at the funeral home or may be mailed to the funeral home. For more information call Newell Funeral Home at 246-0100 or visit online at www.newellfuneralhome.com for online obituary and online condolences.
- Carl Dyel Carl J. Dyel, 93, of Mt. Vernon, died 2:20 p.m. Sunday, Dec. 8, 2013, at his home in Mt. Vernon. He was born Friday, Oct. 15, 1920, in St. Louis, the son of Otto and Inez (Severns) Dyel. He married Louisa A. Richardson on May 18, 1941, in Perryville,
- John Horan John C. Horan, 62, of Mt. Vernon, died 9:20 a.m. Friday, Dec. 6, 2013, at his home in Mt. Vernon. He was born Saturday, Aug. 11, 1951, in Worcester, Mass., the son of John C. Horan, Sr. and Elizabeth (Anthony) Horan. He married Sandra Chivallati on J
- Otha Boykin Otha Boykin, 94, formerly of McLeansboro, died 2:55 p.m. Saturday, Dec. 7, 2013, at Marks Sunset Manor in Olney. Graveside services will be at 1 p.m. Wednesday at IOOF Cemetery in McLeansboro. Those attending are asked to go directly to the cemetery.
- Charles Edward Horton Charles Horton, 73, of Warwick, R.I., formerly of Belle Rive, passed away at 8 a.m. on Sunday, Dec. 1, 2013, at Kent Hospital in Warwick. Charles' request was to be cremated. Private burial of ashes will be held at a later date. Charles Edward Horto
- Pastor Donald L. Beckman Pastor Donald L. Beckman, 81, of Mt. Vernon, died at 11:20 a.m. Friday, Dec. 6, 2013, at his home in Mt. Vernon, surrounded by family and cherished loved ones. He was born Jan. 19, 1932, in Worthington, Minn., a son of Bernard and Rose (Webber) Beckm
- James R. Askew James Robert Askew, 66 years and 21 days old, of Mt. Vernon, died at 9:50 p.m. Thursday, Dec. 5, 2013, at the Marion VA Medical Center in Marion. He was born Nov. 14, 1947, in Mt. Vernon, the son of James Loyd and Katherine (Lemay) Askew. He was firs
- Martha "Janeice" Armes Martha "Janeice" Armes, 66, of Edgerton, Wis. passed away 10:23 p.m. Saturday, Dec. 7, 2013, at Saint Mary's Hospital in Madison, Wis. She was born Dec. 9, 1946, in Waltonville, the daughter of Benedict and Margaret (Stelmaszewski) Gajewski. She marr
- Virgil Paul Hunt Virgil Paul Hunt, 83, entered Heaven to live with Jesus, his Savior, on Thursday, Dec. 5, 2013, surrounded by his loving wife, children and grandchildren. Virgil was born Nov. 9, 1930, in Herrin, to Fay (Cavitt) and Jace Hunt. He attended Herrin High
James R. Askew
James Robert Askew, 66, of Mt. Vernon, died at 9:50 p.m. Thursday, Dec. 5, 2013, at the Marion VA Medical Center in Marion.
Pastor Donald L. Beckman
Pastor Donald L. Beckman, 81, of Mt. Vernon, died at 11:20 a.m. Friday, Dec. 6, 2013, at his home in Mt. Vernon, surrounded by family and cherished loved ones.
- More Obituaries Headlines