Judy Louise Burnett, 73, of Opdyke, died 5:30 p.m. Tuesday, Sept. 24, 2013, at Crossroads Community Hospital in Mt. Vernon. She was born Wednesday, July 10, 1940, in Jefferson County, the daughter of George Foster Davis and Betty May (Johnson) Davis. She married Tony Burnett on Nov. 13, 1957, in Shawneetown. Judy was a licensed practical nurse and she helped her husband with the operation of their farm. She was a member of Opdyke Baptist Church. She is survived by her mother, Betty Davis of Rockford; husband, Tony Burnett of Opdyke; son, Tony Richard Burnett, Jr. and wife Sara of Opdyke; three daughters, Diane Renee Huston and husband Darrell of Mt. Vernon, Debra Ellen Johnson and husband Carl of Opdyke and Darla May McClain and husband Ted of Opdyke; three sisters, Patricia Ham and husband Orlando of Opdyke, Nora Ferger and husband Bob of Rockford and Barbara Heidenrich and husband Jim of Rockford; eight grandchildren; nine great-grandchildren; and several nieces and nephews. She was preceded in death by her father and one grandson, Darrell Huston, Jr. Graveside service will be held at 10 a.m. Friday at Mt. Vernon Memorial Gardens in Woodlawn with the Rev. Frank Huston officiating. Interment will be at Mt. Vernon Memorial Gardens in Woodlawn. In honor of Judy's wishes, there will be no visitation. For those who wish, memorials may be given to the Arthritis Foundation or to St. Jude Children's Research Hospital and will be accepted at the funeral home or mailed to Hughey Funeral Home. P.O. Box 721, Mt. Vernon, IL 62864.Arrangements have been entrusted to the care of Hughey Funeral Home where you may call 242-3348 or visit www.hugheyfuneralhome1969.com for further information and to send condolences.
James Robert Askew, 66, of Mt. Vernon, passed away at 9:50 p.m., Thursday, Dec. 5, 2013, at Marion VA Medical Center in Marion. Arrangements are pending and are entrusted to the care of Hughey Funeral Home where you may call 242-3348 or visit www.hug
- Wilma Hapeman The visitation and memorial services scheduled for 1 to 2 p.m. Sunday at Fouts Christian Church for Wilma Irene Hapeman have been canceled and will be rescheduled at a later time. Wilma Hapeman
- Charles Jones The graveside burial of ashes for Charles E. Jones has been canceled for Saturday and they will be held at a later date. Charles Jones
- John Horan John Horan, 62, of Mt. Vernon, passed away at 9:20 a.m., Friday, Dec. 6, 2013, at his home in Mt. Vernon. Arrangements are pending and are entrusted to the care of Hughey Funeral Home where you may call 242-3348 or visit www.hugheyfuneralhome1969.com
- Donald Beckman Donald Beckman, 81, of Mt. Vernon, passed away at 11:20 a.m., Friday, Dec. 6 at his home in Mt. Vernon. Arrangements are pending and are entrusted to the care of Hughey Funeral Home where you may call 242-3348 or visit www.hugheyfuneralhome1969.com f
- Beulah Scarbrough Beulah Scarbrough, 91, of Sims, died at 3:30 p.m. Dec. 4, 2013, at Cisne Manor in Cisne. She was a homemaker. She was born on Sept. 22, 1922, in Wayne County, a daughter of Simon and Lura (Ellis) Coil. She is survived by three sons, Ronald Scarbrough
- Bill Mayo, Jr. William Edward "Bill" Mayo, Jr., 80, of Mt. Vernon, died 3:27 p.m. Wednesday, Dec. 4, 2013, at Crossroads Community Hospital in Mt. Vernon. He was born Monday, Jan. 2, 1933, in Mt. Vernon, the son of William Edward Mayo, Sr. and Vera (Sechrest) Mayo.
- Charles Jones Charles E. Jones, 89, of Urbana, died Dec. 2, 2013. Graveside service will be held at 2 p.m. Saturday at I.O.O.F. Cemetery in McLeansboro with the Rev. Jim Peak officiating. Local services will be handled by Harre Funeral Home. Charles Jones
- Maxine Horton Maxine Johnson Horton, 89, of Brentwood, Calif., and formerly of Bluford, died Friday, Nov. 29, 2013, at her residence. Funeral services will be held at Brentwood Funeral Home in Brentwood, Calif. Maxine Horton
- Lula Bell Jennings Lula Bell Jennings, age 73, of Mt. Vernon, passed away 8:40 a.m. Tuesday, Dec. 3, 2013, at her home in Mt. Vernon. She was born Jan. 16, 1940, in Sledge, Miss., the daughter of Jimmie Lee and Ida Mae (Harris) Spearman. She married Randal "R.C." Jenni
- More Obituaries Headlines
- James Askew