Judy Louise Burnett, 73, of Opdyke, died 5:30 p.m. Tuesday, Sept. 24, 2013, at Crossroads Community Hospital in Mt. Vernon. She was born Wednesday, July 10, 1940, in Jefferson County, the daughter of George Foster Davis and Betty May (Johnson) Davis. She married Tony Burnett on Nov. 13, 1957, in Shawneetown. Judy was a licensed practical nurse and she helped her husband with the operation of their farm. She was a member of Opdyke Baptist Church. She is survived by her mother, Betty Davis of Rockford; husband, Tony Burnett of Opdyke; son, Tony Richard Burnett, Jr. and wife Sara of Opdyke; three daughters, Diane Renee Huston and husband Darrell of Mt. Vernon, Debra Ellen Johnson and husband Carl of Opdyke and Darla May McClain and husband Ted of Opdyke; three sisters, Patricia Ham and husband Orlando of Opdyke, Nora Ferger and husband Bob of Rockford and Barbara Heidenrich and husband Jim of Rockford; eight grandchildren; nine great-grandchildren; and several nieces and nephews. She was preceded in death by her father and one grandson, Darrell Huston, Jr. Graveside service will be held at 10 a.m. Friday at Mt. Vernon Memorial Gardens in Woodlawn with the Rev. Frank Huston officiating. Interment will be at Mt. Vernon Memorial Gardens in Woodlawn. In honor of Judy's wishes, there will be no visitation. For those who wish, memorials may be given to the Arthritis Foundation or to St. Jude Children's Research Hospital and will be accepted at the funeral home or mailed to Hughey Funeral Home. P.O. Box 721, Mt. Vernon, IL 62864.Arrangements have been entrusted to the care of Hughey Funeral Home where you may call 242-3348 or visit www.hugheyfuneralhome1969.com for further information and to send condolences.
- Verla Richardson Verla J. Richardson, 64, of McLeansboro, died at 8:15 p.m. Saturday, July 26 at Deaconess Hospital in Evansville, Ind.She was born Feb. 17, 1950, in McLeansboro, the daughter of Millage and Edith (Essary) Thompson. She married Merle Langley, who prec
- Ethel Hardig Ethel Louise Hardig, 55, of Mt. Vernon, died at 4:48 a.m. Saturday, July 26, 2014, at her home.She was born on March 8, 1959, in Champaign, the daughter of Fred Arnold and Dollie May (Kingston) Wheeler.She attended Unity High School in Tolono and rec
- Leon Bennett Leon Bennett, 66, of Xenia, passed away at 2:14 a.m. Friday, July 25, 2014, at his home.Leon was born July 8, 1948, in Johnsonville, a son of Ferman Luther and Dororthy Dorene (Burgess) Bennett. He married Charlotte Sue Caudle on May 3, 1969, in Xeni
Verla J. Richardson, 64, of McLeansboro, died at 8:15 p.m. Saturday, July 26 at Deaconess Hospital in Evansville, Ind.
Ethel Louise Hardig, 55, of Mt. Vernon, died at 4:48 a.m. Saturday, July 26, 2014, at her home.
- Burrell "Gene" Davis Burrell Eugene “Gene” Davis, 86, of Mt. Vernon, died at 6 a.m. Friday, July 25, 2014, at Mt. Vernon Countryside Manor in Mt. Vernon.Mr. Davis was a retired Illinois Bell Telephone employee for forty years, ending his career as the state safety direct
- Rodney Lipe Rodney James Lipe, 76, of Mt. Vernon, died 2:40 a.m. Friday, July 25, 2014, at Mt. Vernon Countryside Manor in Mt. Vernon. He was born Friday, April 29, 1938, in Jacksonville, the son of James A. and Ida Mae Lipe.Rodney worked as a laborer in area oi
- Marshall Cross, Jr. Marshall Marion Cross, Jr., 74, of Belle Rive, went to be with Jesus at 3:35 p.m. Thursday, July 24, 2014, at his home in Belle Rive.He was born Friday, Sept. 15, 1939, in Mt. Vernon, the son of Marshall Marion Cross, Sr. and Lena A. (Sneed) Cross. H
- Donna Dammrich Donna Marie Dammrich, of Potosi, Mo., departed this life on July 19, 2014, having reached the age of fifty three years, five months and three days.She was born on Feb. 16, 1961, in Honolulu, a daughter to Elmo Kebodeaux and the late Marlys Daley Kebo
- Karen Kirk Karen L. Kirk, 59, of Mt. Vernon, died 2:32 p.m. Wednesday, July 23, 2014, at Good Samaritan Regional Health Center in Mt. Vernon. She was born Sunday, Sept. 12, 1954, in Granite City, the daughter of Maxie Millan and Beulah Fern (Shell) Sanders. She
- More Obituaries Headlines