Doris Emily Nowicki, 91, of Woodlawn, died 3:15 p.m. Friday, Oct. 25, 2013, at her home in Woodlawn.She was born Sunday, Oct. 15, 1922, in Woodlawn, the daughter of John Edward and Martha Ethel (Thomas) Munyon. She first married Max Garrison. She later married Jack A. Nowicki on Feb. 22, 1952, in Mt. Vernon. He preceded her in death on Nov. 26, 1966.She is survived by a daughter, Nikki Moore of Cedar Rapids, Iowa; a son, James Garrison of Woodlawn; six grandchildren, Greg Masterson and wife Lori of North English, Iowa, Jackie Masterson of Cedar Rapids, Iowa, Brian Garrison and wife Leann of Woodlawn, Kevin Garrison of Ashley, Brett Garrison of Woodlawn and Justin Garrison of Jasper, Ind.; 16 great-grandchildren; one great-great-grandson; and several nieces and nephews.She was preceded in death by her parents; husband; two brothers, James Munyon and Albert D. Munyon; and a granddaughter, Tonya Sue Luke.Doris worked as a clerk for the U.S. Postal Service for 31 years in Woodlawn and for six years in Mt. Vernon. She attended First Baptist Church in Woodlawn where she loved working with the Sunday school children. She was a member of the Royal Neighbors of America and loved to crochet.Funeral services were held 1 p.m. Monday at Hughey Funeral Home with the Rev. Merle Fullerton officiating. Interment was at Woodlawn-Oddfellows Cemetery near Woodlawn.Visitation was held from 5 to 8 p.m. on Sunday at Hughey Funeral Home in Mt. Vernon.For those who wish, memorials may be given to the American Cancer Society and will be accepted at the funeral home or mailed to Hughey Funeral Home, P.O. Box 721, Mt. Vernon, IL 62864.Arrangements have been entrusted to the care of Hughey Funeral Home where you may call 242-3348 or visit www.hugheyfuneralhome1969.com for further information and to send condolences.
James R. Askew
James Robert Askew, 86, of Mt. Vernon, died at 9:50 p.m. Thursday, Dec. 5, 2013, at the Marion VA Medical Center in Marion.
Pastor Donald L. Beckman
Pastor Donald L. Beckman, 81, of Mt. Vernon, died at 11:20 a.m. Friday, Dec. 6, 2013, at his home in Mt. Vernon, surrounded by family and cherished loved ones.
Virgil Paul Hunt
Virgil Paul Hunt, 83, entered Heaven to live with Jesus, his Savior, on Thursday, Dec. 5, 2013, surrounded by his loving wife, children and grandchildren.
Martha “Janeice” Armes
Martha "Janeice" Armes, 66, of Edgerton, Wis. passed away 10:23 p.m. Saturday, Dec. 7, 2013, at Saint Mary's Hospital in Madison, Wis.
Otha Boykin, 94, formerly of McLeansboro, died 2:55 p.m. Saturday, Dec. 7, 2013, at Marks Sunset Manor in Olney.
James Robert Askew, 66, of Mt. Vernon, passed away at 9:50 p.m., Thursday, Dec. 5, 2013, at Marion VA Medical Center in Marion. Arrangements are pending and are entrusted to the care of Hughey Funeral Home where you may call 242-3348 or visit www.hug
- Wilma Hapeman The visitation and memorial services scheduled for 1 to 2 p.m. Sunday at Fouts Christian Church for Wilma Irene Hapeman have been canceled and will be rescheduled at a later time. Wilma Hapeman
- Charles Jones The graveside burial of ashes for Charles E. Jones has been canceled for Saturday and they will be held at a later date. Charles Jones
- John Horan John Horan, 62, of Mt. Vernon, passed away at 9:20 a.m., Friday, Dec. 6, 2013, at his home in Mt. Vernon. Arrangements are pending and are entrusted to the care of Hughey Funeral Home where you may call 242-3348 or visit www.hugheyfuneralhome1969.com
- Donald Beckman Donald Beckman, 81, of Mt. Vernon, passed away at 11:20 a.m., Friday, Dec. 6 at his home in Mt. Vernon. Arrangements are pending and are entrusted to the care of Hughey Funeral Home where you may call 242-3348 or visit www.hugheyfuneralhome1969.com f
- More Obituaries Headlines
- James R. Askew