- Melvin Clinton The endless stories of 92 year old Melvin W. Clinton were forever stilled with his death on Tuesday, Aug. 5, 2014. Following a valiant battle by the heart team and all available medical staff at Good Samaritan Regional Health Center in Mt. Vernon, at
- Mervin Burger Mervin C. Burger, 82, formerly of Dale, died 5 a.m. Tuesday, Aug. 5, 2014, at his home in Eldorado. Funeral service will be held at 1 p.m. Thursday at Gholson Funeral Home in McLeansboro with the Rev. Tim Biggerstaff officiating. Interment will be at
- Erma Williams Erma Williams, 72, of Mt. Vernon, died 10:17 p.m. Monday, Aug. 4, 2014, at Crossroads Community Hospital in Mt. Vernon. She was born Monday, May 18, 1942, in Shelby, Miss., the daughter of Henry and Laura Williams.Ms. Williams leaves behind no immedi
- Charles Monroe Charles Robert Monroe, age 79, of Salem, passed away at 8:15 a.m. Monday, Aug. 4, 2014, at Good Samaritan Regional Health Center in Mt. Vernon.Charles was born Dec, 15, 1934, in Mt. Vernon, the son of Carl Clay and Klo (Wyrick) Monroe. He married Bla
- Stephen Stiff Stephen Walter Stiff, devoted husband, father, grandfather, son and brother died on July 31, 2014, after fighting a courageous battle with lung cancer.Steve was born in St. Louis, May 4, 1949, to Alice and Cranston Stiff. He grew up in Carmi. He met
- Shawn Pilcher Shawn Alan Pilcher, age 44, of Mt. Vernon, passed away 6:15 a.m. Sunday, Aug. 3, 2014, at his home in Mt. Vernon. Shawn was born Jan. 14, 1970, in Mt. Vernon, a son of James E. “Jim” and Roxie (Garrett) Pilcher. He married Sandra Dee (Witt) on Sept.
- Virginia Johnston Virginia A. Johnston, 86, of Mt. Vernon, passed away at 2:40 p.m. Friday, Aug. 1, at Good Samaritan Hospital in Mt. Vernon.In honor of her wishes, she will be cremated and no services will be held.Arrangements are entrusted to Hughey Funeral Home whe
- S. Lucille Hohl S. Lucille Hohl, 93, of Mt. Vernon, died 9:45 p.m. Friday, Aug. 1, 2014, at Residential Living Center in Mt. Vernon.She was born Tuesday, Sept. 14, 1920, in Zeigler, the daughter of Pete and Goldia (Moyers) Brennen. She married Robert Hohl on March 1
- Jack Kiselewski John Lester “Jack” Kiselewski, 64, of Waltonville, passed away at 1:49 p.m. Saturday, Aug. 2, 2014, at Barnes-Jewish Hospital in St. Louis, surrounded by his loving family.Jack was born Sept. 22, 1949, in Waltonville, a son of John and Mildred “Milli
John Lester “Jack” Kiselewski, 64, of Waltonville, passed away at 1:49 p.m. Saturday, Aug. 2, 2014, at Barnes-Jewish Hospital in St. Louis, surrounded by his loving family.
- More Obituaries Headlines