- Charles Skibinski Charles Edward "Ski" Skibinski, 87, of McLeansboro, passed away 9:50 a.m. Monday, July 29, 2013, at McLeansboro Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center in McLeansboro. He was born Aug. 17, 1925, in McLeansboro, the son of Edward Leland Skibinski and He
- Jerry Smith Gerald "Jerry" Smith, 75, of Mt. Vernon, died 3 a.m. Friday, July 26, 2013, at his home in Mt. Vernon. He was born June 24, 1938, in Chicago, the son of Charles and Lucille (Miller) Smith. He married Patricia Yvonne Marcotte on Feb. 2, 1963, in Chic
- Grace Blindauer Grace L. Hampton Blindauer, 77, of Mt. Vernon, died 10:25 p.m. Thursday, July 25, 2013, at Crossroads Community Hospital in Mt. Vernon. She was born Saturday, Feb. 8, 1936, in Jefferson County, the daughter of Ray Frank and Mary Belle (Kirk) Capps.
- Jenny Jones Virginia "Jenny" Mae Jones, age 68, of Johnston City and a former resident of Nason, passed away at 10:55 p.m. Thursday, July 25, 2013, at Herrin Hospital. Jenny was born in Waltonville on Feb. 6, 1945, the daughter of Dire Jones Sr. and Anna (Bravar
- Norman Newcomb Norman Newcomb, 67, of Benton, Ky., passed away 11:10 p.m. Monday, July 22, 2013, at his home. He was a member of the Veteran of Foreign War and Disabled American Veterans. He was a Vietnam veteran with the United States Army. He worked formerly as a
- Bobby Lane Robert Ray "Bobby" Lane, 71, of Mt. Vernon, died 1:44 p.m. Tuesday, July 23, 2013, at his home in Mt. Vernon. He was born Tuesday, Sept. 2, 1941, in Waltonville, the son of Virgil and Lela G. (Green) Lane. He married Ann Hartwig in 1962, in Chicago,
- Bille Kovach Billie Jane Kovach, 83, of Benton, died at 10:32 p.m. Wednesday, July 24, 2013, at Good Samaritan Regional Health Center in Mt. Vernon. Mrs. Kovach was born on Nov. 5, 1929, in Hazel Park, Mich., the daughter of Talbert Wall and Bonnie (Rich) Wall. S
- Fred Glenn Fred L. Glenn, age 79, of Mt. Vernon, and a former resident of Rockford, died at 11:20 a.m. Thursday, July 25, 2013, at Mt. Vernon Countryside Manor. Fred was born Aug. 6, 1933, in rural Dahlgren in Hamilton County, a son of Harrison W. and Fern Mae
- Lonnie Hill James Lon "Lonnie" Hill, 66, of Ina, died at 7:05 a.m. Friday, July 12, 2013, at his home. Mr. Hill was born on July 3, 1947, in Benton, the son of James V. Hill and Priscilla "Moni" (Miller) Hill. Lonnie worked at Mt. Vernon for Tri-County Electric
Rosemary "Rosie" Wanjiru Githinji, 28, of Kokomo, Ind., formerly of Farina, passed away on Tuesday, July 23, 2013, at IU Methodist Hospital in Indianapolis.
- More Obituaries Headlines