MT. VERNON —
The United Nations is about to vote on a gun ban treaty designed to prevent firearms from getting into the hands of terrorists.
Our President and Secretary of State are desperate to disarm American citizens and eliminate the Second Amendment from our Constitution. Since this insanity is inherent in their thinking, there is nothing to be gained by writing, calling or demanding they change course.
Another Presidential Order will follow, in my opinion. It will declare a time limit on when all firearms must be surrendered to the Feds, or some criminal designation will be forthcoming. Law abiding citizens then become subjects of the “government.” Only the government and the criminal element will then be armed. It is time the UN leave our shores and big government be voted out, as well.
MT. VERNON —
- Stop bullying Editor: Police say they send all reports to the State's Attorney and then, they decide who to go after. I found out one report that I had made was dismissed by the cops. I checked on it and pushed for the city police to do something. I'm still unsure
- Pope Francis is listening to what Catholics want The Pew Research Center poll released Thursday showing that American Catholics strongly favor allowing the use of birth control -- and allowing priests to marry and women to be ordained -- comes as no surprise. It has long been thus. Catholics also c
- To tell good Obamacare changes from bad, ask this question To hear Republicans tell it, the federal government's constant changes to Obamacare, including Wednesday's two-year reprieve for insurance plans that don't meet the law's tough new standards, rank somewhere between treason and Thanksgiving tofurkey o
- And the award goes to ... I've been watching the Academy Awards since Bob Hope was a baby. Back then, they didn't have a different host each year; it was always Bob Hope. Then Johnny Carson took over for a while. Now they audition someone new every few years, but it's such a
- Ryan's deceiving theory of poverty NEW YORK -- This week, the House Budget Committee, led by Republican ideas man Paul Ryan, published a 204-page report cataloging just about every conservative complaint about the federal government's anti-poverty efforts. The report's grand, familiar
- Dems now the guardians of status quo A lot of people keep waiting for the Democratic Party to jump into the deep end. Pew Research Center pollster Andrew Kohut produced the latest installment in this vein with a Washington Post essay, "Are the Democrats Getting Too Liberal?" I get it. R
- What the world needs now 'Have you told the women?" Father Michael's question disarmed Martha Reichert -- and changed her life. Reichert was in the tough first days of her continuing work with women who are abuse victims, prostitutes and addicts at Samaritan House, a homeles
- The budget comes up short It was just bad luck that President Obama unveiled his fiscal 2015 budget in the midst of the most dangerous geopolitical tensions Europe has faced since the end of the Cold War. The Obama administration began working on the document long before the
- Economy focus may help GOP Most Americans think the economy is still bad and that President Obama is doing a poor job handling it. With unemployment at 6.6 percent, and only that low because millions of frustrated, jobless workers have left the labor force entirely, issues tha
- Making retirement affordable again For an entirely predictable event, retirement is going to come as a shock to tens of millions of Americans -- a financial shock, that is. Many people in their 50s and 60s are about to find that the money they've set aside for retirement is too meager
- More Opinion Headlines