MT. VERNON —
The United Nations is about to vote on a gun ban treaty designed to prevent firearms from getting into the hands of terrorists.
Our President and Secretary of State are desperate to disarm American citizens and eliminate the Second Amendment from our Constitution. Since this insanity is inherent in their thinking, there is nothing to be gained by writing, calling or demanding they change course.
Another Presidential Order will follow, in my opinion. It will declare a time limit on when all firearms must be surrendered to the Feds, or some criminal designation will be forthcoming. Law abiding citizens then become subjects of the “government.” Only the government and the criminal element will then be armed. It is time the UN leave our shores and big government be voted out, as well.
MT. VERNON —
- Program helps vets battle the darkness WASHINGTON -- Former Marine Cpl. Eric Gonzales doesn't remember much about the night last year he led police in Orange County, Calif., on a high-speed, 26-minute chase that ended when he threw his truck into reverse and crashed into the patrol car be
- Thanksgiving, Obamacare don't mix When Thanksgiving 2013 is over, will Americans remember it as the holiday when the Obama administration body-snatched their friends and family and turned them into Obamacare robots? Maybe it happened to your own loved ones. Maybe Cousin Sue brought
- Do you think Medicaid breeds dependency? The refusal of 25 states to expand their Medicaid programs is a tragedy for the 5.2 million people who won't get health coverage. It's also an excellent opportunity to test a long-held conservative view: that Medicaid and other government programs lu
- When will politicians get it? I am going to start this column with some simple statements and a few questions to ponder. Developed industrial nations have universal health care for their citizens. They also, in many instances, have better outcomes as measured by global organizat
- Liberty in danger Editor: In an address to the New York Press Club on Sept. 9, 1912, Woodrow Wilson -- who soon would be the 28th president of the United States from 1913 to 1921 -- stated, "The history of liberty is the history of resistance. The history of liberty i
- Why the corporate tax cut won't work Sen. Max Baucus, a Democrat from Montana and the chairman of the Senate Finance Committee, wants to cut corporate tax rates. But he's finding that corporations are lining up to criticize his proposal. As it happens, they're right to: Baucus' misplace
- TV or not TV, that is the question We were a Nielsen family last week. We received little diaries to fill out, marking when and what we watched on TV for a week. If we recorded a show and watched it later, we wrote that down, too. The first thought that runs through your head when you
- Wal-Mart and the high cost of low wages A sign posted near several plastic containers at a Wal-Mart in Ohio says it all: "Please donate food items so associates in need can enjoy Thanksgiving dinner." News of the in-store food donation efforts sent shockwaves across the country, once again
- Obama's daughters stand tall as role models WASHINGTON -- Sasha Obama has done it again. Weeks ago the youngest first daughter wore a sweater in public that ended up selling out shortly thereafter. Now her recent ensemble at her father's official Thanksgiving turkey-pardoning news conference h
- Love, life and liberty in Mexico Mexico City -- Children giggle with hysterical joy as drops of holy water hit them. A handicapped man in pain groans, reaching for the hope that is so palpable here. A pregnant woman takes in a little of the peace of this place, even in the midst of
- More Opinion Headlines