MT. VERNON —
The United Nations is about to vote on a gun ban treaty designed to prevent firearms from getting into the hands of terrorists.
Our President and Secretary of State are desperate to disarm American citizens and eliminate the Second Amendment from our Constitution. Since this insanity is inherent in their thinking, there is nothing to be gained by writing, calling or demanding they change course.
Another Presidential Order will follow, in my opinion. It will declare a time limit on when all firearms must be surrendered to the Feds, or some criminal designation will be forthcoming. Law abiding citizens then become subjects of the “government.” Only the government and the criminal element will then be armed. It is time the UN leave our shores and big government be voted out, as well.
MT. VERNON —
- Heartburn Tens of millions of Americans have been affected by the theft of their personal information in the digital age. In a recent major data breach at Target stores, numbers and names were taken from about 40 million customers, and many millions more suffe
- Hitting home I received an article today with a suggestion to use it in a column. This one really hit home to me because it was about the outrageous price increases in diabetic testing devices and supplies. I was diagnosed with Type 2 diabetes several years ago.
- The cost of care This was a breakthrough week for health-care transparency. For the first time, the Obama administration released doctor-specific information about Medicare payments, starting with 2012 data on $64 billion worth of billings. Journalists immediately se
- Obama could stand to be a little more like LBJ On Thursday, President Barack Obama joined other dignitaries at a civil rights summit to commemorate the 50th anniversary of President Lyndon B. Johnson's signature accomplishment as president -- passage of the 1964 Civil Rights Act. And in a nod to
- Human performers, not animals Editor: The circus is coming to town with their circus animal slaves. Like other circuses who torture animals, the circus is very close to being shut down for good. Everything takes baby steps. Why should I waste my time with words when anyone can vi
- HYPE, HYPE, HOORAY! How long do you think you'd continue to buy this newspaper if every single story on every single page for the last three weeks was about a missing airplane? Or a hurricane? Or a baby down a well? Or any other single topic? No sports, no weddings, no
- Vote for optimism The widespread conservative media freak-out over Jeb Bush's potential presidential candidacy has mostly centered on his expressing empathy for those who come illegally to the United States seeking a better life for their families. But something else
- The meaning of marriage 'Charges of bigotry ... are the ultimate secular insult," Caroline Farrow tells me. "The cry of 'bigot' is bandied around so much these days," she observes, "that it has begun to lose some of its potency." Perhaps that's why people are bullied out of
- Sidewalks waste of money Editor: First of all, let me state that I have no idea where the money has come from to replace old sidewalks or to put in new ones. That is a non-issue. The money came from somewhere and was a waste. I have talked with no one who believes the sidewa
- A risk worth taking If electronic cigarettes, known as e-cigarettes, live up to their potential, millions of nicotine addicts in the United States will use them. To some public health advocates, that sounds terrible. People should kick nicotine rather than cultivate the
- More Opinion Headlines