CHICAGO (AP) — An attorney for parents of medically fragile children says Illinois will delay a cut to a program that pays for the children's in-home nursing care for another 90 days.
Attorney Robert Farley says Illinois' Medicaid director has asked federal officials for an extension of the current program. That means a planned $15 million program cut won't take effect Sept. 1.
The cut would have meant about 50 higher-income families would lose coverage entirely, and new copays would have been required of other families.
Illinois Medicaid Director Theresa Eagleson says in a letter to federal officials the delay is needed because of "concerns expressed by families over the tight timeframe."
The cut was part of larger spending reductions to the Medicaid program signed into law by Gov. Pat Quinn last month.