- State News
Lawmaker pleads to misdemeanor; faced 17 felonies
CHICAGO (AP) — An Illinois lawmaker who faced nearly 20 felony bank-fraud charges that could have landed him in prison for decades pleaded guilty Monday to a single misdemeanor tax charge for shortchanging the Internal Revenue Service of $3,782.Continued ...
Illinois patients continue nursing home care waits
SPRINGFIELD (AP) — Illinois changed its law last year to streamline decision-making on state-paid nursing home care, but an audit has found that a backlog remains.Continued ...
Demoted worker shoots CEO, kills self in Chicago
CHICAGO (AP) — A demoted worker shot and critically wounded his company's CEO before fatally shooting himself Thursday inside a downtown high-rise office building in Chicago's bustling financial district, police said.Continued ...
Governor candidates assess overseas tax breaks
CHICAGO (AP) — The practice of U.S. corporations reorganizing with foreign entities overseas to reduce taxes back home has emerged as an issue in Illinois' gubernatorial race, with Gov. Pat Quinn strongly condemning the growing trend as "unpatriotic" on Wednesday and questioning his Republican challenger's stance on the issue.Continued ...
Illinois to ask voters about taxing millionaires
BERWYN (AP) — Illinois voters will get a chance in November to weigh in on whether millionaires should pay an additional income tax to help fund schools after Gov. Pat Quinn signed legislation Tuesday adding a nonbinding resolution to the ballot.Continued ...
Illinois fair managers fined for free beer tickets
CHICAGO (AP) — Two state fair managers took scores of free beer tickets to use at annual events, violating a ban on accepting gifts, according to a report released by the Illinois Inspector General's office Monday.Continued ...
- Feds' immigrant figures may not give full story
- GOP Rauner's campaign ad used made-up headlines
- State lawmaker: Concealed carry law 'complicated'
- Rockford man charged in second killing
- Rauner keeps up push for Illinois term limits
- Illinois 3rd party candidates have no easy time
- Rauner proposed lower Illinois income tax rate
- Illinois Gov. Quinn facing ongoing investigation
- Illinois prisons overtime costs top $60M again
- Illinois governor hopefuls exchange criticisms
- Federal subpoena in Quinn anti-violence program
- Lower kindergarten age among new Illinois laws
- GOP attacks Quinn after IDOT chief resigns
- Illinois pushes ahead with Medicaid managed care
- Lawmaker pleads to misdemeanor; faced 17 felonies