- State News
Ill. makes last push for health insurance sign-up
CHICAGO (AP) — People who waited until the last day to sign up for health insurance poured into hospital lobbies and enrollment areas Monday, with some encountering the same kind of computer problems that greeted those who tried to be the first to participate back in October.Continued ...
Quinn's housing refund plan draws scrutiny
CHICAGO (AP) — Illinois homeowners could get $500 checks this year under a provision of Gov. Pat Quinn's state budget he claims will ease the burden of an unfair property tax system.Continued ...
Racial profiling prevention bill passes Ill. House
SPRINGFIELD (AP) — A measure originally pushed by President Barack Obama when he was an Illinois state senator that would try to stop racial profiling by police is a step closer to permanently become law following Thursday's heated debate in the House.Continued ...
Quinn proposes making income tax hike permanent
SPRINGFIELD (AP) — Gov. Pat Quinn said making Illinois' temporary income tax increase permanent should prevent "extreme and radical" state budget cuts, a politically difficult trade-off revealed Wednesday that's likely to be a major issue during his tough re-election bid.Continued ...
Ill. senator unveils proposed income tax rates
SPRINGFIELD, Ill. (AP) — An Illinois senator announce a push Tuesday for a major overhaul of the state's income tax structure, calling for a move to a graduated system that would require more from the wealthy.Continued ...
Quinn budget speech to face election year scrutiny
CHICAGO (AP) — Gov. Pat Quinn will deliver a budget address this week that could be the most crucial of his career, as he grapples with a critical decision about raising the tax burden in Illinois at the start of one of the most competitive political campaigns nationwide.Continued ...
- Illinois lawmakers face off over 2015 budget
- Some longtime Democrats throwing support to Rauner
- Ill. county's voters reject anti-fracking measure
- Man pleads guilty in stabbing death of niece
- Governor candidates gear up for Illinois primary
- Illinois county to vote over 'fracking' prospects
- Quinn keeps low profile ahead of Illinois primary
- GOP governor hopefuls differ on income tax hike
- Primary for shot at Durbin poses dilemma for GOP
- Clerk's spouse earned $146K from troubled program
- Illinois commended for local renewable energy buys
- Illinois universities warn of perils if budget cut
- Gun owners, activists march in Springfield
- Illinois concealed-carry permits reach applicants
- Ill. makes last push for health insurance sign-up