- State News
Illinois Senate Republicans outline budget demands
SPRINGFIELD (AP) — Illinois Senate Republicans gave Democrats a list of conditions Wednesday that must be met before they'll sign off on a budget, an early signal of the tense negotiations ahead as lawmakers scramble to fill an anticipated $3 billion gap in state revenues.Continued ...
GOP governor candidates debate in Springfield
SPRINGFIELD (AP) — Illinois' four Republican gubernatorial candidates said Tuesday that they'll be willing to work with unions if elected but differed on how to approach the relationship during a downstate debate that largely focused on pension reform, taxes and just briefly on the personal issues that have dogged some of the candidates.Continued ...
Former SIU professor takes helm as president
SPRINGFIELD, Ill. (AP) — The Southern Illinois University board of trustees named former Illinois state superintendent of education as the school's president on Monday.Continued ...
Dillard snags teachers union endorsement
CHICAGO (AP) — An influential teachers union endorsed state Sen. Kirk Dillard in the Republican primary for Illinois governor on Friday, calling him "a true friend" of public education and promising needed support from thousands of members throughout the state.Continued ...
Bill makes police tipping off criminals a crime
SPRINGFIELD (AP) — A state senator wants to make it unlawful for police to tip off criminals.Continued ...
Ill. lawmakers want to tweak concealed carry law
SPRINGFIELD (AP) — Illinois lawmakers are considering a series of changes to amend the state's new concealed carry legislation, even though the first concealed carry permits haven't been issued.Continued ...
- Ill. high school grads scoring higher on AP exams
- Suit accuses Ill. gov hopeful of sexual harassment
- Appeals court upholds Ill. ex-sheriff's life term
- Insane Clown Posse festival leaves Ill. for Mo.
- Guns, medical marijuana collide in Illinois rules
- GOP Ill. gov. candidates debate taxes, spending
- Rutherford claims may be hurdle in governor's race
- Rutherford: Gov. rival behind allegations
- After crash, call for closer oversight of truckers
- Illinois lawmakers extend online betting law
- Ill. labor unions sue over plan to cut pensions
- Deep freeze in Midwest puts normal routines on ice
- Illinois unemployment drops, but state sheds jobs
- Illinois unions prepare attack on GOP's Rauner
- Illinois Senate Republicans outline budget demands