- State News
State manager fined, had employees do his homework
SPRINGFIELD (AP) — A former Illinois Department of Employment Security manager was fined for directing his co-workers to do his college homework on taxpayer time, state reports shows.Continued ...
Quinn's running mate stresses education funding
CHICAGO (AP) — The question of which candidate for Illinois governor has a better approach for funding schools took center stage Wednesday as Democratic Gov. Pat Quinn's running mate called for making permanent a temporary income tax increase to avoid what he called "devastating" budget cuts to education.Continued ...
Madigan's voting rights amendment advances
SPRINGFIELD, Ill. (AP) — A proposal by Illinois' powerful House Speaker to thwart future voter suppression efforts advanced in the Legislature on Tuesday, a move that contrasts starkly with recent electoral restrictions put in place by surrounding swing states where Republicans have legislative control.Continued ...
Ill. makes last push for health insurance sign-up
CHICAGO (AP) — People who waited until the last day to sign up for health insurance poured into hospital lobbies and enrollment areas Monday, with some encountering the same kind of computer problems that greeted those who tried to be the first to participate back in October.Continued ...
Quinn's housing refund plan draws scrutiny
CHICAGO (AP) — Illinois homeowners could get $500 checks this year under a provision of Gov. Pat Quinn's state budget he claims will ease the burden of an unfair property tax system.Continued ...
Racial profiling prevention bill passes Ill. House
SPRINGFIELD (AP) — A measure originally pushed by President Barack Obama when he was an Illinois state senator that would try to stop racial profiling by police is a step closer to permanently become law following Thursday's heated debate in the House.Continued ...
- Quinn proposes making income tax hike permanent
- Ill. senator unveils proposed income tax rates
- Quinn budget speech to face election year scrutiny
- Illinois lawmakers face off over 2015 budget
- Some longtime Democrats throwing support to Rauner
- Ill. county's voters reject anti-fracking measure
- Man pleads guilty in stabbing death of niece
- Governor candidates gear up for Illinois primary
- Illinois county to vote over 'fracking' prospects
- Quinn keeps low profile ahead of Illinois primary
- GOP governor hopefuls differ on income tax hike
- Primary for shot at Durbin poses dilemma for GOP
- Clerk's spouse earned $146K from troubled program
- Illinois commended for local renewable energy buys
- State manager fined, had employees do his homework