- State News
Governor candidates assess overseas tax breaks
CHICAGO (AP) — The practice of U.S. corporations reorganizing with foreign entities overseas to reduce taxes back home has emerged as an issue in Illinois' gubernatorial race, with Gov. Pat Quinn strongly condemning the growing trend as "unpatriotic" on Wednesday and questioning his Republican challenger's stance on the issue.Continued ...
Illinois to ask voters about taxing millionaires
BERWYN (AP) — Illinois voters will get a chance in November to weigh in on whether millionaires should pay an additional income tax to help fund schools after Gov. Pat Quinn signed legislation Tuesday adding a nonbinding resolution to the ballot.Continued ...
Illinois fair managers fined for free beer tickets
CHICAGO (AP) — Two state fair managers took scores of free beer tickets to use at annual events, violating a ban on accepting gifts, according to a report released by the Illinois Inspector General's office Monday.Continued ...
Feds' immigrant figures may not give full story
CHICAGO (AP) — Recent data released by the federal government may reflect only a fraction of how many unaccompanied children apprehended at the U.S.-Mexico border are in Illinois, with state officials saying hundreds more could be at shelters.Continued ...
GOP Rauner's campaign ad used made-up headlines
SPRINGFIELD (AP) — A campaign ad from the Republican candidate for Illinois governor is being called into question for tailoring — and even making up — headlines from news stories to make them appear more negative about his opponent.Continued ...
State lawmaker: Concealed carry law 'complicated'
SPRINGFIELD (AP) — A state senator said the law he helped push through that allows Illinois residents to carry concealed weapons is too tough on gun owners from other states.Continued ...
- Rockford man charged in second killing
- Rauner keeps up push for Illinois term limits
- Illinois 3rd party candidates have no easy time
- Rauner proposed lower Illinois income tax rate
- Illinois Gov. Quinn facing ongoing investigation
- Illinois prisons overtime costs top $60M again
- Illinois governor hopefuls exchange criticisms
- Federal subpoena in Quinn anti-violence program
- Lower kindergarten age among new Illinois laws
- GOP attacks Quinn after IDOT chief resigns
- Illinois pushes ahead with Medicaid managed care
- Judge: No to term limits, redistricting measures
- Illinois village seeks private fire department
- GOP lawmaker wants governor to testify on program
- Governor candidates assess overseas tax breaks