- State News
Suit accuses Ill. gov hopeful of sexual harassment
CHICAGO (AP) — The campaign for Illinois governor took a jarring turn Monday when a former state employee accused a Republican candidate, state Treasurer Dan Rutherford, of sexually harassing him and regularly forcing him to do political work on state time — allegations Rutherford denied as "absolutely, totally political."Continued ...
Appeals court upholds Ill. ex-sheriff's life term
ST. LOUIS (AP) — A federal appellate court has upheld the life sentence of a disgraced Illinois sheriff convicted of on-the-job marijuana trafficking and a foiled plot to have witnesses against him killed while he awaited trial.Continued ...
Insane Clown Posse festival leaves Ill. for Mo.
ST. LOUIS (AP) — An annual festival headlined by the rap-metal group Insane Clown Posse will be staged at a Missouri farm's campground after seven years in southern Illinois, promoters of the trouble-plagued Gathering of the Juggalos said.Continued ...
Guns, medical marijuana collide in Illinois rules
CHICAGO (AP) — Guns and marijuana don't mix, according to federal authorities, even if the gun is a legally held firearm and the drug is recommended by a doctor.Continued ...
GOP Ill. gov. candidates debate taxes, spending
NAPERVILLE (AP) — The four Republicans running for Illinois governor agreed Tuesday the state needs to cut spending and change its tax structure, but differed on how best to do so, with all but one saying they'd consider a new tax on such services as haircuts and landscaping if it meant lowering tax rates overall.Continued ...
Rutherford claims may be hurdle in governor's race
CHICAGO (AP) — Treasurer Dan Rutherford was gearing up to make a big splash in the Republican race for Illinois governor with his television ads set to hit the airwaves this week, but now one of the defining moments of his campaign may instead be allegations of misconduct that he made public himself.Continued ...
- Rutherford: Gov. rival behind allegations
- After crash, call for closer oversight of truckers
- Illinois lawmakers extend online betting law
- Ill. labor unions sue over plan to cut pensions
- Deep freeze in Midwest puts normal routines on ice
- Illinois unemployment drops, but state sheds jobs
- Illinois unions prepare attack on GOP's Rauner
- Blago trial witness testifies at Nayak sentencing
- Medical marijuana rules unveiled
- Gov. hopefuls cool to more marijuana legalization
- Lawmakers question Illinois' corporate tax breaks
- Illinois expecting flood of Medicaid applications
- Ill. committee rejects video gambling rules
- Fixing economy top priority for GOP gov hopefuls
- Suit accuses Ill. gov hopeful of sexual harassment