- State News
Ill. county's voters reject anti-fracking measure
ST. LOUIS (AP) — Voters in a struggling southern Illinois county have rejected a ballot referendum meant to pressure the county's governing board to restrict a debated oil drilling practice, leaving open the question of whether the measure failed because of confusion or the prevailing need for jobs.Continued ...
Man pleads guilty in stabbing death of niece
EFFINGHAM (AP) — A southern Illinois man has pleaded guilty to first-degree murder in the 2013 stabbing death of his 7-year-old niece.Continued ...
Governor candidates gear up for Illinois primary
CHICAGO (AP) — The contenders for Illinois governor crisscrossed the state Monday on the final day of campaigning before the primary elections, with a wealthy venture capitalist trying to fend off three longtime Republican lawmakers to advance to a likely fall matchup with Democratic Gov. Pat Quinn.Continued ...
Illinois county to vote over 'fracking' prospects
VIENNA (AP) — Officials in southern Illinois' Johnson County will soon learn where their constituents stand on fracking, as voters will signal whether the county should resist efforts to use the contentious extraction method to get at any oil or gas that may be trapped deep underground.Continued ...
Quinn keeps low profile ahead of Illinois primary
CHICAGO (AP) — Even though he's a target of Republican attack ads, faces an outspoken though little-known primary challenger and could see a tough road to November, Gov. Pat Quinn's re-election campaign has been barely visible.Continued ...
GOP governor hopefuls differ on income tax hike
CHICAGO (AP) — The four Republicans running for governor don't completely agree on perhaps the biggest financial decision looming over Illinois residents' pocketbooks — whether to extend the state's temporary income tax hike.Continued ...
- Primary for shot at Durbin poses dilemma for GOP
- Clerk's spouse earned $146K from troubled program
- Illinois commended for local renewable energy buys
- Illinois universities warn of perils if budget cut
- Gun owners, activists march in Springfield
- Illinois concealed-carry permits reach applicants
- Watchdog group has fixes for Illinois budget
- State police mail first concealed carry permits
- GOP candidates ready for next debate in Chicago
- Plea deal rejected in ex-Illinois judge's case
- GOP candidates for governor differ on gun laws
- Ill. governor presses for disaster aid overhaul
- GOP hopefuls: Prisons crowded, but fixes elusive
- Rauner can't shake questions about child's school
- Ill. county's voters reject anti-fracking measure