- State News
Rauner proposed lower Illinois income tax rate
SCHAUMBURG, Ill. (AP) — Republican gubernatorial candidate Bruce Rauner said Thursday he wants to lower Illinois' income tax rate, freeze property taxes and impose a new sales tax on some services, a plan he said would help improve the economy and grow jobs but that Gov. Pat Quinn dismissed as "a dumb idea."Continued ...
Illinois Gov. Quinn facing ongoing investigation
CHICAGO (AP) — Democratic Illinois Gov. Pat Quinn, locked into a competitive re-election bid, is fighting to maintain an image as a reformer who's cleaned up state government as questions about a now-defunct anti-violence program he started in the run-up to his 2010 election threaten to hang over his campaign for months.Continued ...
Illinois prisons overtime costs top $60M again
SPRINGFIELD (AP) — Illinois prison officials predicted last spring that employee overtime costs would drop last year, but a published report shows that the Department of Corrections paid more than $60 million for extra hours for the second year in a row.Continued ...
Illinois governor hopefuls exchange criticisms
CHICAGO (AP) — The candidates for Illinois governor hammered each other on Monday, with Republican Bruce Rauner saying that Gov. Pat Quinn hasn't delivered for African Americans and the Quinn campaign suggesting Rauner profited from a business that provided substandard care to the developmentally disabled.Continued ...
Federal subpoena in Quinn anti-violence program
CHICAGO (AP) — A federal grand jury has subpoenaed the emails of officials involved in Gov. Pat Quinn's troubled anti-violence program, the latest chapter in a story that has become a major issue in Quinn's re-election campaign.Continued ...
Lower kindergarten age among new Illinois laws
SPRINGFIELD (AP) — Among several new laws effective in Illinois this week is a requirement that children attend kindergarten at a younger age, a shift that state officials say could mean higher costs for an already underfunded school system.Continued ...
- GOP attacks Quinn after IDOT chief resigns
- Illinois pushes ahead with Medicaid managed care
- Judge: No to term limits, redistricting measures
- Illinois village seeks private fire department
- GOP lawmaker wants governor to testify on program
- Lawmaker signs most subpoenas for Quinn program
- 7 called to testify on Quinn anti-violence program
- Education board chief got $48K to leave
- Report details hurdles to immigrant health signups
- Term limit, political map lawsuit unfolds in court
- Illinois election officials vote on 2 ballot items
- Lawmaker wants probe of $33M Ill. health campaign
- Chicago determined not to lose Obama library bid
- Rauner details cost-cutting ideas for Illinois
- Rauner proposed lower Illinois income tax rate