- State News
Gun owners, activists march in Springfield
SPRINGFIELD (AP) — Gun owners and activists rallied Wednesday in Springfield, just days after the first concealed carry permits arrived in mailboxes across Illinois, wasting no time in turning to next steps in a battle they insist isn't over.Continued ...
Illinois concealed-carry permits reach applicants
ST. LOUIS (AP) — Air Force retiree Phil Allen may have few reasons to get truly jubilant about retrieving his mail, but the envelope from Illinois State Police caught his eye and heart.Continued ...
Watchdog group has fixes for Illinois budget
SPRINGFIELD (AP) — An influential government watchdog group says Illinois should keep its temporary income tax increase in place for a year longer than initially promised and begin taxing retirement income to dig the state out of a massive budget hole — a solution that's both being praised for its even-handed approach and digested with a strong dose of skepticism over its prospects in an election year.Continued ...
State police mail first concealed carry permits
CHICAGO (AP) — Illinois' first concealed carry licenses are being mailed to thousands of gun owners' mailboxes, Illinois State Police officials announced Friday.Continued ...
GOP candidates ready for next debate in Chicago
CHICAGO (AP) — The four Republicans seeking the governors' office were set to face off in another televised debate Thursday, as two candidates lagging behind in fundraising and polls vowed to make up ground just weeks ahead of the primary election.Continued ...
Plea deal rejected in ex-Illinois judge's case
EAST ST. LOUIS (AP) — A federal judge on Wednesday rejected a plea deal on heroin and gun charges for a former Illinois judge at the center of a courthouse drug scandal, saying the 18-month prison sentence wasn't long enough.Continued ...
- GOP candidates for governor differ on gun laws
- Ill. governor presses for disaster aid overhaul
- GOP hopefuls: Prisons crowded, but fixes elusive
- Rauner can't shake questions about child's school
- Illinois Senate Republicans outline budget demands
- GOP governor candidates debate in Springfield
- Former SIU professor takes helm as president
- Dillard snags teachers union endorsement
- Bill makes police tipping off criminals a crime
- Ill. lawmakers want to tweak concealed carry law
- Ill. high school grads scoring higher on AP exams
- Suit accuses Ill. gov hopeful of sexual harassment
- Appeals court upholds Ill. ex-sheriff's life term
- Insane Clown Posse festival leaves Ill. for Mo.
- Gun owners, activists march in Springfield