- State News
Gay marriage becomes focus of governor's race
CHICAGO (AP) — After weeks of focusing on Illinois' mammoth financial problems, the governor's race turned to the issue of same-sex marriage Monday as gay couples took vows under the state's new law.Continued ...
Illinois Legislature OKs 'incomplete' 2015 budget
SPRINGFIELD (AP) — The Illinois Legislature sent a new state budget to Gov. Pat Quinn Friday that majority Democrats acknowledge puts off tough decisions about whether to slash spending or find new sources of revenue — including possibly making Illinois' temporary tax increase permanent — until after the November election.Continued ...
House advances $1B capital bill; budget vote looms
SPRINGFIELD (AP) — After an exceptionally harsh winter that damaged roads and bridges across the state, the Illinois House advanced a plan to fund $1 billion in new transportation projects that could begin as early as this summerContinued ...
Democrats cooperate with probe of Quinn's program
SPRINGFIELD, Ill. (AP) — In a potential election-year embarrassment for Gov. Pat Quinn, Illinois Democrats said Wednesday that they'll continue cooperating with a legislative review of his $55 million anti-violence program, which a key Republican called a "shameless, useless waste of taxpayer dollars."Continued ...
Illinois House advances 2015 budget
SPRINGFIELD (AP) — Having given up on extending Illinois' temporary income tax increase — at least for now — the Illinois Legislature is moving forward with a scaled-back budget that could lead to layoffs, further delays in paying the state's bills and a post-election vote to make the tax hike permanent or generate some other source of revenue.Continued ...
Democrats regroup, craft budget without higher tax
SPRINGFIELD (AP) — Illinois House Democrats scaled back their spending aspirations Monday, saying they're giving up on extending a temporary income tax increase and getting to work on a more modest budget with just five days left in the spring session.Continued ...
- Bill seeks to jump-start 'fracking' in Illinois
- Sen. Kirk wants probe of new VA hospital claims
- Illinois redistricting group lacks signatures
- Some Illinois Democrats defy leaders on tax rises
- Illinois lawmaker pushes again for gambling plan
- Felon faces gun charge tied to deadly bank robbery
- Illinois House Democrats reluctant to pass budget
- Judge halts Illinois pension overhaul until ruling
- Illinois Democrats advance budget with tax rise
- IDOT hires had political clout
- Lawmakers head home, tax vote still ahead
- Illinois school funding data fuel reform debate
- Legal interpretation may erase pension glitch
- Lawmakers to allow subpoenas for violence program
- Gay marriage becomes focus of governor's race