- State News
Illinois lawmaker pushes again for gambling plan
SPRINGFIELD (AP) — A state lawmaker is making a last-minute push to expand gambling in Illinois, a revenue option he says should be on the table if Democratic leaders can't gather enough votes for a tax increase within the next two weeks.Continued ...
Felon faces gun charge tied to deadly bank robbery
ST. LOUIS (AP) — A former convict and registered sex offender was charged Friday with a federal weapons count linked to a botched southern Illinois bank holdup in which two women workers were stabbed to death and a third critically injured by a knife.Continued ...
Illinois House Democrats reluctant to pass budget
SPRINGFIELD (AP) Illinois House Democrats showed their reluctance to embrace an extension of the state's income tax increase Thursday when they passed dozens of bills to create a budget for next year by only the narrowest of margins.Continued ...
Judge halts Illinois pension overhaul until ruling
SPRINGFIELD (AP) — A Sangamon County judge stopped Illinois' state pension overhaul law from taking effect Wednesday, issuing a stay on the law until the court can rule on its constitutionality.Continued ...
Illinois Democrats advance budget with tax rise
SPRINGFIELD (AP) — Democratic lawmakers are moving forward with a 2015 budget that is based upon an extension of Illinois' temporary income tax increase.Continued ...
IDOT hires had political clout
SPRINGFIELD (AP) — Dozens of state jobs involved in a dispute over whether they should be free of politics were filled by Gov. Pat Quinn's administration with candidates who were politically connected or gave campaign money to the governor's party, an Associated Press review of state documents shows.Continued ...
- Lawmakers head home, tax vote still ahead
- Illinois school funding data fuel reform debate
- Legal interpretation may erase pension glitch
- Lawmakers to allow subpoenas for violence program
- Cullerton says 'good chance' tax plan will pass
- Ill. state workers retire at higher rate in April
- Half million Illinois voters seek gerrymander end
- Probe of Quinn program stirs governor's race
- Illinois Senate adjourns without vote on tax plan
- Colleges left with veterans program costs
- Term limits issue could be tricky for Quinn
- Ill. jobs screened for political ties after hiring
- Patronage allegations give Quinn challenger fodder
- Hastert among GOP supporters of immigration reform
- Illinois lawmaker pushes again for gambling plan