- State News
Jackson auction stopped after authenticity issues
CHICAGO (AP) — With the authenticity of a guitar supposedly signed by Michael Jackson and Eddie Van Halen called into question, authorities pulled the plug Friday on an online auction of personal belongings forfeited by Illinois' prison-bound former congressman, Jesse Jackson Jr.Continued ...
No charges against police over Daley nephew probe
CHICAGO (AP) — No charges will be filed against police or prosecutors who handled investigations into the 2004 death of a man killed in a fight with a nephew of former Chicago Mayor Richard Daley, a special prosecutor announced Thursday.Continued ...
Quinn says he's still focused on his day job
CHICAGO (AP) — Even after his top 2014 Democratic challenger leveled parting stings, Gov. Pat Quinn largely ignored the criticism Wednesday, saying he's ready to keep doing his job.Continued ...
Daley's exit leaves clear path for Ill. governor
CHICAGO (AP) — Despite a months-long effort to unseat him by influential members of his own party, Illinois Gov. Pat Quinn emerged as Democrats' presumed standard bearer to keep the office next year after former White House chief of staff William Daley abruptly dropped his primary challenge.Continued ...
Ill. governor dubs Saturday 'George Harrison Day'
BENTON (AP) — Gov. Pat Quinn doesn't want a southern Illinois city's observance of its connection to late Beatle George Harrison to be just a local thing.Continued ...
Pricey Capitol renovations had narrow oversight
SPRINGFIELD, Ill. (AP) — For more than two years, lawmakers passing through the state Capitol watched construction workers toil on a $50 million project to restore the 1868 building's grandeur and bring it up to modern building codes.Continued ...
- Freshman numbers up at many Illinois universities
- Meth lab seizures down in 2012
- Prosecutor: Uncle arrested in death of niece, 7
- Gov. claims 80K jobs from foreign firms since 2009
- Ill. delegation struggles with decision on Syria
- Critics question Ill. Capitol's new $670K doors
- Capitol renovation includes $669,608 for doorways
- GOP hopeful Rauner rolls out term-limits proposal
- 'Heat days' become more common for sweaty schools
- Gay marriage push looking to unions, immigrants
- Quinn steps up re-election bid, gets union nod
- Ill. Tollway creates wall of shame for scofflaws
- Quinn signs bill to regulate use of drones
- Court sets arguments in Ill. concealed-carry case
- Jackson auction stopped after authenticity issues