- State News
Illinois Democrats advance budget with tax rise
SPRINGFIELD (AP) — Democratic lawmakers are moving forward with a 2015 budget that is based upon an extension of Illinois' temporary income tax increase.Continued ...
IDOT hires had political clout
SPRINGFIELD (AP) — Dozens of state jobs involved in a dispute over whether they should be free of politics were filled by Gov. Pat Quinn's administration with candidates who were politically connected or gave campaign money to the governor's party, an Associated Press review of state documents shows.Continued ...
Lawmakers head home, tax vote still ahead
SPRINGFIELD (AP) — With three weeks left in their spring session, Illinois lawmakers wrapped up another week Friday with a vote on drones policy but without clear signs of progress on a proposed income tax extension and other budget issues.Continued ...
Illinois school funding data fuel reform debate
SPRINGFIELD (AP) — Newly released figures that show downstate school districts gaining at the expense of suburban ones have fueled a debate among lawmakers about a proposed overhaul of the complicated school funding formula that Illinois has used for almost two decades.Continued ...
Legal interpretation may erase pension glitch
CHAMPAIGN (AP) — A troublesome piece of last year's state pension-reform law may not cut university retirees' pensions after all, the State Universities Retirement System now says.Continued ...
Lawmakers to allow subpoenas for violence program
SPRINGFIELD (AP) — Gov. Pat Quinn's troubled anti-violence program faces another layer of scrutiny after a legislative panel approved subpoena powers for itself Tuesday to dig into how the program's money was spent before and after Quinn's election campaign in 2010.Continued ...
- Cullerton says 'good chance' tax plan will pass
- Ill. state workers retire at higher rate in April
- Half million Illinois voters seek gerrymander end
- Probe of Quinn program stirs governor's race
- Illinois Senate adjourns without vote on tax plan
- Colleges left with veterans program costs
- Term limits issue could be tricky for Quinn
- Ill. jobs screened for political ties after hiring
- Patronage allegations give Quinn challenger fodder
- Hastert among GOP supporters of immigration reform
- Durkin says Obama library unaffordable for Ill.
- Medicaid paid $12M for Illinois dead
- Illinois gives early OK to $100M for Obama museum
- Chicago casino plan draws more support at hearing
- Illinois Democrats advance budget with tax rise