- State News
Ill. governor dubs Saturday 'George Harrison Day'
BENTON (AP) — Gov. Pat Quinn doesn't want a southern Illinois city's observance of its connection to late Beatle George Harrison to be just a local thing.Continued ...
Pricey Capitol renovations had narrow oversight
SPRINGFIELD, Ill. (AP) — For more than two years, lawmakers passing through the state Capitol watched construction workers toil on a $50 million project to restore the 1868 building's grandeur and bring it up to modern building codes.Continued ...
Freshman numbers up at many Illinois universities
CHAMPAIGN (AP) — Many of Illinois' public universities are bucking a national trend of generally declining enrollment, welcoming larger freshmen classes to their campuses this fall.Continued ...
Meth lab seizures down in 2012
ST. LOUIS (AP) — Methamphetamine lab seizures and arrests declined nationwide in 2012, but experts say they don't yet know why, and some states are already reporting increases this year.Continued ...
Prosecutor: Uncle arrested in death of niece, 7
ST. LOUIS (AP) — A southern Illinois man was arrested Tuesday in the killing of a 7-year-old niece who went missing from her home as her mother napped, a prosecutor said.Continued ...
Gov. claims 80K jobs from foreign firms since 2009
CHICAGO (AP) — On the heels of his trip to Japan, Illinois Gov. Pat Quinn has again taken credit for a reported boost in the state's job numbers: Roughly 80,000 more through foreign firms since the Chicago Democrat took office in 2009.Continued ...
- Ill. delegation struggles with decision on Syria
- Critics question Ill. Capitol's new $670K doors
- Capitol renovation includes $669,608 for doorways
- GOP hopeful Rauner rolls out term-limits proposal
- 'Heat days' become more common for sweaty schools
- Gay marriage push looking to unions, immigrants
- Quinn steps up re-election bid, gets union nod
- Ill. Tollway creates wall of shame for scofflaws
- Quinn signs bill to regulate use of drones
- Court sets arguments in Ill. concealed-carry case
- Possible pension fix could save $145B
- Prosecutor drops murder charge in teen's death
- Jobs available under Obama health law in Illinois
- Ill. slow to implement new teachers grading system
- Ill. governor dubs Saturday 'George Harrison Day'