- State News
Hastert among GOP supporters of immigration reform
CHICAGO (AP) — Some of Illinois' highest-profile Republicans voiced support Tuesday for an immigration overhaul that's stalled in the U.S. House as a "morally right" and business-minded decision, an election-year move they hoped would help break the stalemate.Continued ...
Durkin says Obama library unaffordable for Ill.
SPRINGFIELD (AP) — The top Republican in the Illinois House criticized on Monday majority Democrats' plan to offer $100 million in taxpayer money to lure Barack Obama's presidential library to Chicago.Continued ...
Medicaid paid $12M for Illinois dead
CHICAGO (AP) — The Illinois Medicaid program paid an estimated $12 million for medical services for people listed as deceased in other state records, according to an internal state government memo.Continued ...
Illinois gives early OK to $100M for Obama museum
CHICAGO (AP) — Even though Chicago is where Barack Obama got his start in politics, first lady Michelle Obama grew up and the Obamas still call their hometown, state and local officials aren't taking for granted that the Windy City will land the president's official library.Continued ...
Chicago casino plan draws more support at hearing
CHICAGO (AP) — A proposal for a state-owned Chicago casino won praise Wednesday from business groups and a warmer reception from a state regulatory board than past attempts to expand gambling, but the plan also drew criticism from downstate officials and the horse racing industry who said it would cheat them out of needed revenues and jobs.Continued ...
Chicago-only casino option to face opposition
SPRINGIFELD (AP) — The regionally divisive concept of expanding gambling only in Chicago is expected to be a central issue in hearings Wednesday as an Illinois lawmaker works to ready a gambling package for a vote this spring.Continued ...
- Quinn tour highlights questions of taxes
- Voters to decide on 2 constitutional amendments
- Amendment protecting Ill. voters to go on ballot
- Change in Illinois' GPS monitoring law advances
- Durkin: Voter rights effort helps rebuild GOP
- Disgraced Illinois judge awaits prison assignment
- State manager fined, had employees do his homework
- Quinn's running mate stresses education funding
- Madigan's voting rights amendment advances
- Ill. makes last push for health insurance sign-up
- Quinn's housing refund plan draws scrutiny
- Racial profiling prevention bill passes Ill. House
- Quinn proposes making income tax hike permanent
- Ill. senator unveils proposed income tax rates
- Hastert among GOP supporters of immigration reform