- State News
Chicago casino plan draws more support at hearing
CHICAGO (AP) — A proposal for a state-owned Chicago casino won praise Wednesday from business groups and a warmer reception from a state regulatory board than past attempts to expand gambling, but the plan also drew criticism from downstate officials and the horse racing industry who said it would cheat them out of needed revenues and jobs.Continued ...
Chicago-only casino option to face opposition
SPRINGIFELD (AP) — The regionally divisive concept of expanding gambling only in Chicago is expected to be a central issue in hearings Wednesday as an Illinois lawmaker works to ready a gambling package for a vote this spring.Continued ...
Quinn tour highlights questions of taxes
CHICAGO (AP) — Gov. Pat Quinn's tour of the state to push his program aimed at helping first-time homebuyers quickly turned political Monday as both he and his Republican gubernatorial opponent wasted no time highlighting likely recurring themes in the 2014 race: wealth and taxes.Continued ...
Voters to decide on 2 constitutional amendments
SPRINGFIELD, Ill. (AP) — Voters in Illinois will be asked whether to amend the state constitution in at least two different ways.Continued ...
Amendment protecting Ill. voters to go on ballot
SPRINGFIELD (AP) — Illinois voters will consider a constitutional amendment this fall aimed at scuttling attempts at voter suppression after Senate action Thursday.Continued ...
Change in Illinois' GPS monitoring law advances
SPRINGFIELD (AP) — A bill that would let law enforcement officials use GPS tracking on people with a restraining order is advancing in the Illinois Legislature.Continued ...
- Durkin: Voter rights effort helps rebuild GOP
- Disgraced Illinois judge awaits prison assignment
- State manager fined, had employees do his homework
- Quinn's running mate stresses education funding
- Madigan's voting rights amendment advances
- Ill. makes last push for health insurance sign-up
- Quinn's housing refund plan draws scrutiny
- Racial profiling prevention bill passes Ill. House
- Quinn proposes making income tax hike permanent
- Ill. senator unveils proposed income tax rates
- Quinn budget speech to face election year scrutiny
- Illinois lawmakers face off over 2015 budget
- Some longtime Democrats throwing support to Rauner
- Ill. county's voters reject anti-fracking measure
- Chicago casino plan draws more support at hearing