- State News
Voters to decide on 2 constitutional amendments
SPRINGFIELD, Ill. (AP) — Voters in Illinois will be asked whether to amend the state constitution in at least two different ways.Continued ...
Amendment protecting Ill. voters to go on ballot
SPRINGFIELD (AP) — Illinois voters will consider a constitutional amendment this fall aimed at scuttling attempts at voter suppression after Senate action Thursday.Continued ...
Change in Illinois' GPS monitoring law advances
SPRINGFIELD (AP) — A bill that would let law enforcement officials use GPS tracking on people with a restraining order is advancing in the Illinois Legislature.Continued ...
Durkin: Voter rights effort helps rebuild GOP
SPRINGFIELD (AP) — The decision of Illinois' top House Republican to co-sponsor a plan to enshrine into the state constitution language specifically preventing discrimination in voting comes in sharp relief when compared with moves in neighboring GOP-dominated states to toughen restrictions.Continued ...
Disgraced Illinois judge awaits prison assignment
ST. LOUIS (AP) — A disgraced former Illinois drug court judge at the center of a courthouse drug scandal is getting time to square away things before serving a two-year sentence on heroin and gun convictions. But exactly where Michael Cook will spend his time behind bars at his own expense remains unclear.Continued ...
State manager fined, had employees do his homework
SPRINGFIELD (AP) — A former Illinois Department of Employment Security manager was fined for directing his co-workers to do his college homework on taxpayer time, state reports shows.Continued ...
- Quinn's running mate stresses education funding
- Madigan's voting rights amendment advances
- Ill. makes last push for health insurance sign-up
- Quinn's housing refund plan draws scrutiny
- Racial profiling prevention bill passes Ill. House
- Quinn proposes making income tax hike permanent
- Ill. senator unveils proposed income tax rates
- Quinn budget speech to face election year scrutiny
- Illinois lawmakers face off over 2015 budget
- Some longtime Democrats throwing support to Rauner
- Ill. county's voters reject anti-fracking measure
- Man pleads guilty in stabbing death of niece
- Governor candidates gear up for Illinois primary
- Illinois county to vote over 'fracking' prospects
- Voters to decide on 2 constitutional amendments