- State News
Quinn boosts Ill. interstate speed limit to 70 mph
CHICAGO (AP) — Motorists will be able to drive a little faster on Illinois' rural interstates under legislation signed into law Monday by Gov. Pat Quinn, a move that puts Illinois in line with dozens of states that already have a 70 mph or higher speed limit.Continued ...
Early figures show attendance up at state fair
Preliminary figures show attendance was up slightly at this year's Illinois State Fair.Continued ...
Illinois readies new teacher certification system
A new, $3.2 million computer system to track Illinois teacher certifications is set to finally go live next month after a series of delays and glitches.Continued ...
Man accused of robbing store twice
A Belleville man is accused of robbing the same convenience store twice in less than a month.Continued ...
Cook County Dems endorse Quinn over Daley in 2014
CHICAGO (AP) — The Cook County Democratic Party on Friday endorsed Gov. Pat Quinn over 2014 rival Bill Daley, the former White House chief of staff whose father once controlled the organization and whose family roots in county politics go back decades.Continued ...
Illinois governor signs teen tanning ban
CHICAGO (AP) — As a young woman, Donna Moncivaiz would go to tanning salons looking for that perfect summer glow.Continued ...
- Prison for Jesse Jackson Jr.: a 2 ½-year sentence
- Ex-Congressman Jesse Jackson Jr. faces sentencing
- One dead, dozens homes damaged in DuQuoin blast
- Simon, Quigley officiate mock gay marriages
- Autopsy planned for body found at Horseshoe Lake
- Police prep for So. Illinois festival crowd
- Roodhouse couple win $6.2 million in Illinois Lotto
- New student enrollment creates dorm crunch at SIU
- Data shows motorcyclists driving drunk in Illinois
- Illinois governor signs medical marijuana bill
- Madigan, Cullerton file lawsuit over halted pay
- Judge tosses bid for hastened Ill. concealed carry
- Illinois, Iowa wait for fertilizer plant decision
- SIU President Glenn Poshard announces retirement
- Quinn boosts Ill. interstate speed limit to 70 mph