- State News
GOP candidates ready for next debate in Chicago
CHICAGO (AP) — The four Republicans seeking the governors' office were set to face off in another televised debate Thursday, as two candidates lagging behind in fundraising and polls vowed to make up ground just weeks ahead of the primary election.Continued ...
Plea deal rejected in ex-Illinois judge's case
EAST ST. LOUIS (AP) — A federal judge on Wednesday rejected a plea deal on heroin and gun charges for a former Illinois judge at the center of a courthouse drug scandal, saying the 18-month prison sentence wasn't long enough.Continued ...
GOP candidates for governor differ on gun laws
SPRINGFIELD (AP) — As Illinois prepares to become the last state in the nation to issue concealed-carry gun permits, the four Republicans contending for Illinois governor express a range of differing views about additional gun issues facing the state, including a proposed ban on assault-style weapons and stricter gun-crime sentences.Continued ...
Ill. governor presses for disaster aid overhaul
ST. LOUIS (AP) — Illinois Gov. Pat Quinn lobbied in Congress' backyard Monday for a legislative overhaul of the federal government's formula for doling out disaster assistance, questioning why his disaster-plagued state was rebuffed after a recent series of deadly tornadoes.Continued ...
GOP hopefuls: Prisons crowded, but fixes elusive
SPRINGFIELD (AP) — The four Republican candidates for governor are in agreement when it comes to Illinois prisons: There are too many inmates, not enough cells and quick action is needed to address what they say is a public safety threat.Continued ...
Rauner can't shake questions about child's school
SPRINGFIELD (AP) — As he campaigns to be Illinois' next governor, billionaire businessman Bruce Rauner of Winnetka cannot shake questions about his daughter's admission to an elite Chicago public school where he later made a hefty donation — a sensitive issue in a state with a history of political clout and scandal.Continued ...
- Illinois Senate Republicans outline budget demands
- GOP governor candidates debate in Springfield
- Former SIU professor takes helm as president
- Dillard snags teachers union endorsement
- Bill makes police tipping off criminals a crime
- Ill. lawmakers want to tweak concealed carry law
- Ill. high school grads scoring higher on AP exams
- Suit accuses Ill. gov hopeful of sexual harassment
- Appeals court upholds Ill. ex-sheriff's life term
- Insane Clown Posse festival leaves Ill. for Mo.
- Guns, medical marijuana collide in Illinois rules
- GOP Ill. gov. candidates debate taxes, spending
- Rutherford claims may be hurdle in governor's race
- Rutherford: Gov. rival behind allegations
- GOP candidates ready for next debate in Chicago