- State News
One dead, dozens homes damaged in DuQuoin blast
A man was killed and more than a dozen homes were damaged after a weekend explosion in the southern Illinois community of Du Quoin.Continued ...
Simon, Quigley officiate mock gay marriages
Lt. Gov. Sheila Simon and Congressman Mike Quigley are officiating mock same-sex weddings during a festival in one of Chicago's gay neighborhoods.Continued ...
Autopsy planned for body found at Horseshoe Lake
An autopsy is planned for a suspected murder victim found in the lake of a southwestern Illinois state park.Continued ...
Police prep for So. Illinois festival crowd
A yearly southern Illinois outdoor music festival featuring the Insane Clown Posse rap-metal group is getting underway in southern Illinois, and police say they'll be ready for the thousands of the band's fans.Continued ...
Roodhouse couple win $6.2 million in Illinois Lotto
An eastern Illinois couple says they might buy a new vehicle and fix up their house now that they've won $6.2 million in the Illinois Lottery.Continued ...
New student enrollment creates dorm crunch at SIU
Administrators at Southern Illinois University are preparing for a record number of new students arriving on campus when fall classes begin later this month. But that's creating a housing crunch at the Carbondale school.Continued ...
- Data shows motorcyclists driving drunk in Illinois
- Illinois governor signs medical marijuana bill
- Madigan, Cullerton file lawsuit over halted pay
- Judge tosses bid for hastened Ill. concealed carry
- Illinois, Iowa wait for fertilizer plant decision
- SIU President Glenn Poshard announces retirement
- Ex-Ill. lawmaker pleads guilty in charity case
- Obama keeps returning to layoffs-plagued Galesburg
- Ill. man gets life term for killing family of 5
- Ill. pushes anew to block hastened concealed carry
- Madigan won't discuss dad's role in 2014 decision
- Cash flows in for top Illinois congressional races
- Blagojevich facing deadline to appeal convictions
- Lawmakers won't let pay freeze rush pension fix
- One dead, dozens homes damaged in DuQuoin blast