MT. VERNON — — The glow of Christmas lights and yard displays filled the neighborhoods around the community for all to see. From Snoopy to Frosty the Snowman the holiday spirit was in the air.
County Board calls last minute meeting
The Jefferson County Board has called a special meeting for 7:30 p.m. tonight in the county board room of the Jefferson County Courthouse.Continued ...
- MVTHS to hold pre-bid meeting
- Alleged arsonist pleads innocent
- Deer hunting changes released
- County Board calls last minute meeting
Harvey Lovin, 97, of Mt. Vernon, passed away at his home on Tuesday, July 22, 2014.He was born in Opdyke, on Dec. 10, 1916, the son of Henry C. and Emma Gifford Lovin.He lived in St. Louis and in Bluford before serving in the Army as a staff sergeantContinued ...
- Pauline Bohlen
- Purna Saikia
- Bob Sledge
- Lucille Kite
- Harvey Lovin
Rays win 6th straight, 7-2 over Cardinals
Jake Odorizzi allowed two runs over 5 2-3 innings and Yunel Escobar highlighted a five-run fifth inning with a two-run double to lead the Tampa Bay Rays to a 7-2 victory over the St. Louis Cardinals on Tuesday night.Continued ...
- Salem ends Mt. Vernon's season
- Breese shuts down Mt. Vernon
- Juniors top Salem
- Rays win 6th straight, 7-2 over Cardinals
Has the ipad lost its swag?
The company reported this week that sales of its sleek, pricey tablet were down 19 percent from last quarter and 9 percent year-over-year. CEO Tim Cook tried to reassure investors that Apple's new partnership with IBM to sell its devices to IBM's corporate customers will help make iPads ubiquitous in the workplace. "This isn't something that worries us," he said of the iPad sales decline. But the numbers are disappointing no matter how you spin them.Continued ...
- Darth Vader is polling higher than all potential 2016 presidential candidates
- Hospitals let patients schedule ER visits
- Wal-Mart to cut prices more aggressively in back-to-school push
- Has the ipad lost its swag?