MT. VERNON — — Parade-goers on Saturday enjoyed a glimpse of Santa Claus in unseasonably warm weather during the annual Christmas Parade. The parade featured local businesses, law enforcement, organizations, churches and the Casey Middle School Marching Band.
Ice bucket challenge held at YMCA
MT. VERNON — The YMCA of Jefferson County hosted a special ice bucket challenge Thursday to raise money and awareness for amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS), or Lou Gehrig's disease.Continued ...
- HAJC rewards good grades
- School time
- Ice bucket challenge held at YMCA
Giving Heart Memorial Ride set for Sept. 20
The third annual Giving Heart Memorial Ride will take place Sept. 20 and all proceeds will benefit children's charities. The motorcycle ride is organized by the Brian M. Piper Memorial Foundation.Continued ...
- Speed limit changing on Veterans
- MVTHS opens bids for new school
- County's reserve fund tapped
- Giving Heart Memorial Ride set for Sept. 20
Edna Louise Neff, 83, of Mt. Vernon and formerly of Bluford, died 9:40 p.m. Wednesday, Aug. 20, 2014, at her home in Mt. Vernon. She was born Saturday, Aug. 8, 1931, in Wayne County, the daughter of J.O. and Dena (McDaniel) Donoho. She first marriedContinued ...
- Xavier Woods
- Joe Threatt
- Edna Edwards
- Nick Torregrossa
- Edna Neff
Cardinals beat Reds on bases-loaded HBP
Jon Jay was hit by a pitch from J.J. Hoover with the base-loaded in the ninth inning, lifting the St.Louis Cardinals to a 5-4 win over the Cincinnati Reds on Tuesday night.Continued ...
- Benton edges Rams
- Cardinals beat Reds in 10 innings
- Rams place third at Preview
- Cardinals beat Reds on bases-loaded HBP
The Simpsons still going strong
The groundbreaking animation first hit the air Dec. 17, 1989, but the family first appeared on television in "The Tracey Ullman Show" short "Good Night" on April 19, 1987.Continued ...
- Why do people look like their pets?
- 8 crucial tips for college freshmen
- Can 6 seconds launch a career? A generation of Vine stars sure hopes so.
- The Simpsons still going strong