MT. VERNON — — Downtown Mt. Vernon bristled with activity Friday night as local residents flocked to the First Fridays celebration. Sponsored by the Downtown Mt. Vernon Development Corp., the event runs from May to October this year on the first Friday of each month. Local artists, musicians, and food vendors were on hand for the gathering.
In the name of science
Mrs. Harlan's seventh grade students at Opdyke-Belle Rive Grade School displayed their projects at in the gymnasium of the OBR during the science fair on Wednesday. The students participated in the fair as part of their science grade. Students and staff were encouraged check out each display and ask questions about the experiments. Some of the projects included conducting electricity from lemons, bubble gum flavors that lasted the longest and which soil grew soy beans the best.Continued ...
- Local group bringin' it back
- Easter egg fun
- In the name of science
Nine people sent to prison
- Lengthy sentence given
- Huntman to retire from JFPD
- National Day of Prayer on May 1
- Nine people sent to prison
Carole Maxine "Goldie" Jones, 75 years and eight days, of Mt. Vernon, died 12:55 p.m. Tuesday, April 22, 2014, at White Oak Rehabilitation and Health Care Center in Mt. Vernon. She was born Friday, April 14, 1939, at home in Wayne County, the daughteContinued ...
- Bill Cravens
- Glenda Conner
- George Rawls
- Lynda Hall
- Carole Jones
Kane leads Blackhawks past Blues, 4-3 in OT
Patrick Kane had his shot all along. Same for his dazzling puck-handling skills and the vision that sees the plays before they happen.Continued ...
- Brian Gamber resigning as Spartans basketball coach
- Ballard takes over Rams wrestling
- Patoka knocks off Woodlawn
- Kane leads Blackhawks past Blues, 4-3 in OT
The waffle taco's biggest enemy isn't McDonald's. It's consumer habits.
Gesturing to Taco Bell, Thompson said McDonald's had "not seen an impact relative to the most recent competitor that entered the [breakfast] space," and that new competition would only make McDonald's pursue breakfast more aggressively.Continued ...
- Cats outsmart the researchers
- Do your genes make you procrastinate?
- Biggest student loan profits come from grad students
- The waffle taco's biggest enemy isn't McDonald's. It's consumer habits.