MT. VERNON — JohnLuke Carter took the chance to “escape” to the C.E. Brehm Memorial Library for the Winter Break Escape. Sharon Yearwood, children’s librarian at Brehm played part one of the three-part series, “Little House on the Prairie.” She said the children’s section offers literary DVDs to those who would like to check them out to take home.
District 80 registration set for Aug. 7 and 8
District 80 Schools will register students for the new school year from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Aug. 7 and from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Aug. 8 at the Primary Center.Continued ...
- Tickets now on sale for Dancing With Our Stars
- School enhances security
- Tickets on sale for dance event
- District 80 registration set for Aug. 7 and 8
Ethel Louise Hardig, 55, of Mt. Vernon, died at 4:48 a.m. Saturday, July 26, 2014, at her home.She was born on March 8, 1959, in Champaign, the daughter of Fred Arnold and Dollie May (Kingston) Wheeler.She attended Unity High School in Tolono and recContinued ...
- Bob Melcher
- Verla Richardson
- Ethel Hardig
- Leon Bennett
- Ethel Hardig
Young Lady Rams gain vital summer experience
This summer might have been more critical than usual for player development within the Lady Rams basketball program.
“We graduated six seniors, and we're not kidding ourselves in saying we're going to be veteran because we're not,” Mt. Vernon coach Jeff Lonnon said.Continued ...
- Rams spend time at SIU football camp
- Hines Sight: St. Louis, Chicago bring exciting aspects into season
- Root calls award 'humbling'
- Young Lady Rams gain vital summer experience
Sunburn isn't the only sign of summer that can leave you itchy and blistered
You've got a rash. You quickly rule out the usual suspects: You haven't been gardening or hiking or even picnicking, so it's probably not a plant irritant such as poison ivy or wild parsnip; likewise, it's probably not chiggers or ticks carrying Lyme disease; and you haven't been swimming in a pond, which can harbor the parasite that causes swimmer's itch.Continued ...
- Spanx stretches into new territory with jeans, but promised magic is elusive
- VIDEO: Dog 'faints' from excitement of seeing owner
- Don't judge mothers with messy homes
- Sunburn isn't the only sign of summer that can leave you itchy and blistered