Airport employees bring down the final tress where a maintenance building once stood on the grounds of Mt. Vernon Airport Authority property. The maintenance building was torn down to make way for a new hangar and entrance ramp as part of the airport’s Innovation Park project.
Health, career fair attracts audience
MT. VERNON — Two local organizations combined their expertise this past weekend to advance healthy lifestyles and provide information on potential health-related careers.Continued ...
- Health, career fair attracts participants
- Hayes leaves fire department
- Health, career fair attracts audience
Healthcare Foundation Ball set for Saturday
Tickets are still available for the 26th annual Healthcare Foundation Ball, which will be held at 5 p.m. Saturday at the Mt. Vernon Holiday Inn.Continued ...
- Ameren offers payment plan
- Health fair attracts audience
- MVTHS eyes redesigned gym
- Healthcare Foundation Ball set for Saturday
Lloyd Pearl Purcell, 88 years and 18 days, of Mt. Vernon, died 8:07 a.m. Saturday, March 8, 2014, at Mt. Vernon Countryside Manor in Mt. Vernon. He was born Thursday, Feb. 18, 1926, in Jefferson County, the son of Clerance and Nellie (Nelson) PurcellContinued ...
- Tim Cates
- Pauline Chambliss
- Douglas Wiltshire
- Charles Jones
- Lloyd Purcell
Rams prepare for season
Not many pieces from the Rams state final baseball team return this year, but the few that do will play a critical role in the team's success.Continued ...
- Hines Sight: Spring approaching quickly for area teams
- Slam Jam benefits Special Olympics
- Marion ends Rams season
- Rams prepare for season
Researchers tackle mystery of how some snakes can fly
Flying snakes sound like creatures from a bad B-movie, but these serpents are elegant gliders that have evolved a special skill that sets them apart. In two new studies, engineers have used simulations to try to decipher how the wingless reptile manages to remain airborne despite its lack of flight appendages.Continued ...
- VIDEO: Penguin sweaters save birds trapped in oil spills
- VIDEO: A panoramic view from atop One World Trade Center
- Avenger an American value
- Researchers tackle mystery of how some snakes can fly