MT. VERNON — — Memorial Day ceremonies were held in Mt. Vernon and Bluford Monday to honor all those veterans who bravely served their country. The Mt. Vernon service featured a Memorial Message delivered by Mt. Vernon Township High School graduating senior Michaela Lamczyk. There were also musical performances, a Posting of the Colors and a special Decoration of Crosses to recognize departed Jefferson County veterans. Bluford's ceremony included a keynote address by U.S. Congressman William Enyart, as well as a Color Guard Salute and a special military fly-over by a World War II Navy T-6 Trainer piloted by Stan Williams.
In an article regarding the Rend Lake Conservancy District appointment, the River Conservancy Act was cited indicating the Jefferson County Board’s advice and consent was necessary for the appointment being made at this time. According to informationContinued ...
- Cove Connection helps local parents
- County finds salt supplier
- Farrington school pursues Internet upgrade
Hines Sight: St. Louis, Chicago bring exciting aspects into season
St. Louis Rams and Chicago Bears fans have reasons to be excited for the upcoming football season.
Both teams feature explosive young talent, who have a chance to dominate the league. Challenges also stand in their way.Continued ...
- Root calls award 'humbling'
- Rays win 6th straight, 7-2 over Cardinals
- Salem ends Mt. Vernon's season
- Hines Sight: St. Louis, Chicago bring exciting aspects into season
Don't judge mothers with messy homes
I was building shelves in my garage when a neighbor girl, one of my 4-year-old daughter's friends, approached me and said, "I just saw in your house. It's pretty dirty. Norah's mommy needs to clean more."Continued ...
- Has the ipad lost its swag?
- Darth Vader is polling higher than all potential 2016 presidential candidates
- Hospitals let patients schedule ER visits
- Don't judge mothers with messy homes