MT. VERNON — — See You At The Pole prayer programs were held at Rome Grade School in Dix and at the Woodlawn Veterans Memorial Wednesday morning. The events featured prayer ceremonies and refreshments. Community First Bank of the Heartland furnished the doughnuts for the Woodlawn ceremony.
Summersville school raises money for heart health
MT. VERNON — For Summersville Grade School math teacher Keyma Mount, participating in this past weekend's South Central Illinois Heart Walk had a very special significance.Continued ...
- Heart Walk held
- Career Fair helps educate area students
- Summersville school raises money for heart health
Central Christian Church volunteers serve the community
Central Christian Church in Mt. Vernon organized a special community service day April 12, where church volunteers performed a number of service activities throughout the city. CASA of Jefferson County was one of the organizations to receive help through this program.Continued ...
- Community Good Friday Service to be held at Good Samaritan
- Officials confirm 1 case of norovirus
- Council considers rate hike
- Central Christian Church volunteers serve the community
Robert Morris, 88 years and nine days, of Mt. Vernon, died at 1:34 p.m. Saturday, April 12, 2014, at Good Samaritan Regional Health Center. He was born April 3, 1926, in Charlestown, Ind., a son of Robert S. and Ruth (Montgomery) Morris. He was the bContinued ...
- Merret Sanders
- Willard Johnson
- Deloris A. Knight
- Barbara Hohl-Dees
- Robert Morris
Allergies are the real midlife crisis
One of the biggest mysteries is why the disease comes and goes, and then comes and goes again. People tend to experience intense allergies between the ages of 5 and 16, then get a couple of decades off before the symptoms return in the 30s, only to diminish around retirement age.Continued ...
- Train, entertain your pets with these 3 smartphone apps
- Millions of Android phones, tablets vulnerable to Heartbleed bug
- Day care's cost can exceed college tuition in some states
- Allergies are the real midlife crisis