Firefighters responded to a fire at PeDad's on South 10th Street at 4:12 a.m. Wednesday morning. According to Mt. Vernon Fire Department reports, the initial call was that smoke was seen in the area and a police officer in the area noticed flames coming from the roof. The restaurant sustained heavy smoke and some fire damage to the dining room ceiling and to the trusses and roof. Seven units from MVFD responded to the fire and one from Jefferson Fire Protection District. Property damage was estimated at $20,000 and $30,000 in property saved. The cause of the fire is under investigation.
Summersville school raises money for heart health
MT. VERNON — For Summersville Grade School math teacher Keyma Mount, participating in this past weekend's South Central Illinois Heart Walk had a very special significance.Continued ...
- Heart Walk held
- Career Fair helps educate area students
- Summersville school raises money for heart health
Central Christian Church volunteers serve the community
Central Christian Church in Mt. Vernon organized a special community service day April 12, where church volunteers performed a number of service activities throughout the city. CASA of Jefferson County was one of the organizations to receive help through this program.Continued ...
- Community Good Friday Service to be held at Good Samaritan
- Officials confirm 1 case of norovirus
- Council considers rate hike
- Central Christian Church volunteers serve the community
Robert Morris, 88 years and nine days, of Mt. Vernon, died at 1:34 p.m. Saturday, April 12, 2014, at Good Samaritan Regional Health Center. He was born April 3, 1926, in Charlestown, Ind., a son of Robert S. and Ruth (Montgomery) Morris. He was the bContinued ...
- Merret Sanders
- Willard Johnson
- Deloris A. Knight
- Barbara Hohl-Dees
- Robert Morris
To sleep well, you may need to adjust what you eat and when
Sleep. Oh, to sleep. A good night's sleep is often a struggle for more than half of American adults. And for occasional insomnia, there are good reasons to avoid using medications, whether over-the-counter or prescription.Continued ...
- Allergies are the real midlife crisis
- Train, entertain your pets with these 3 smartphone apps
- Millions of Android phones, tablets vulnerable to Heartbleed bug
- To sleep well, you may need to adjust what you eat and when