MT. VERNON — — Four businesses were featured in the Downtown Mt. Vernon Development Corporation's building tour, followed by the Taste of Mt. Vernon held at the Elks Lodge. Cindy Bevis showed off her new office on Ninth Street and Dr. Jim Robelen gave a tour of the Southern Illinois Vein Center in the former Jefferson State Bank building. Several people enjoyed an array of food on display at the Elks Lodge.
- Cove Connection helps local parents
- County finds salt supplier
- Farrington school pursues Internet upgrade
Hines Sight: St. Louis, Chicago bring exciting aspects into season
St. Louis Rams and Chicago Bears fans have reasons to be excited for the upcoming football season.
Both teams feature explosive young talent, who have a chance to dominate the league. Challenges also stand in their way.Continued ...
- Root calls award 'humbling'
- Rays win 6th straight, 7-2 over Cardinals
- Salem ends Mt. Vernon's season
- Hines Sight: St. Louis, Chicago bring exciting aspects into season
Don't judge mothers with messy homes
I was building shelves in my garage when a neighbor girl, one of my 4-year-old daughter's friends, approached me and said, "I just saw in your house. It's pretty dirty. Norah's mommy needs to clean more."Continued ...
- Has the ipad lost its swag?
- Darth Vader is polling higher than all potential 2016 presidential candidates
- Hospitals let patients schedule ER visits
- Don't judge mothers with messy homes