MT. VERNON — — Roughly 20 pre-kindergarten and Head Start students celebrated their 100th day of school Thursday at the Dr. Andy Hall Early Childhood Center in Mt. Vernon. The students belong to the class of Miss Felicia and Miss Michelle. Throughout the day, they participated in a variety of activities to mark the occasion, including making 100-day hats, learning a song, marching through the school and more. Miss Felicia's class celebrates the 100th day of school every year.
Horse Creek Country Music Fest set for Sept. 27
The 10th Annual Horse Creek Country Music Fest will be held from 6 p.m. to midnight Sept. 27 at Bill May's house, located on North Lorraine Lane outside Bluford.Continued ...
- MVTHS approves tentative budget
- Vet's mother honored with flag
- Deichman named Mt. Vernon police chief
- Horse Creek Country Music Fest set for Sept. 27
Brenda Jean Forshee, 60, of Equality, died 1:18 p.m. Friday, Aug. 15, 2014, at her home in Equality. At her request, no public funeral service will be held. Gholson Funeral Home of McLeansboro is in charge of arrangements.Continued ...
- Veneta Short
- Jeanette Bailey
- Verschel A. Shaw
- Ruffie Helm
- Brenda Forshee
Cardinals beat Reds on bases-loaded HBP
Jon Jay was hit by a pitch from J.J. Hoover with the base-loaded in the ninth inning, lifting the St.Louis Cardinals to a 5-4 win over the Cincinnati Reds on Tuesday night.Continued ...
- Benton edges Rams
- Cardinals beat Reds in 10 innings
- Rams place third at Preview
- Cardinals beat Reds on bases-loaded HBP
8 crucial tips for college freshmen
With school starting back up around the country, no one has a bigger deer-in-the-headlights look than college freshmen.Continued ...
- Can 6 seconds launch a career? A generation of Vine stars sure hopes so.
- VIDEO: Stars react to Robin Williams' death
- Job market tilting toward workers
- 8 crucial tips for college freshmen