MT. VERNON — — Third grade students received cheers and support from their fellow students at the District 80 Primary Center on Friday during an Illinois State Achievement Test parade and pep rally. In addition, Mt. Vernon Township High School cheerleaders performed for them, and Principal Shannon Marler encouraged every student to "do your best" on the tests, which will be held next week.
Gold Wing Rally
Several motorcycle chapters gathered for the Gold Wing Road Riders Association Summer Rally at the Holiday Inn on Friday. The main focus of the event was to promote motorcycle safety. The weekend-long event's theme was “Weekend of Heroes” as a tribute to all veterans, firemen, policemen and others who have served. Throughout the day, there were several vendors, bike games and a raffle.Continued ...
- RARE Chophouse to hit one year mark
- Hummingbirds banded for research
- Gold Wing Rally
In an article regarding the Rend Lake Conservancy District appointment, the River Conservancy Act was cited indicating the Jefferson County Board’s advice and consent was necessary for the appointment being made at this time. According to informationContinued ...
- Cove Connection helps local parents
- County finds salt supplier
- Farrington school pursues Internet upgrade
Burrell "Gene" Davis
Burrell Eugene “Gene” Davis, 86, of Mt. Vernon, died at 6 a.m. Friday, July 25, 2014, at Mt. Vernon Countryside Manor in Mt. Vernon.Mr. Davis was a retired Illinois Bell Telephone employee for forty years, ending his career as the state safety directContinued ...
- Rodney Lipe
- Marshall Cross, Jr.
- Donna Dammrich
- Karen Kirk
- Burrell "Gene" Davis
Hines Sight: St. Louis, Chicago bring exciting aspects into season
St. Louis Rams and Chicago Bears fans have reasons to be excited for the upcoming football season.
Both teams feature explosive young talent, who have a chance to dominate the league. Challenges also stand in their way.Continued ...
- Root calls award 'humbling'
- Rays win 6th straight, 7-2 over Cardinals
- Salem ends Mt. Vernon's season
- Hines Sight: St. Louis, Chicago bring exciting aspects into season
Don't judge mothers with messy homes
I was building shelves in my garage when a neighbor girl, one of my 4-year-old daughter's friends, approached me and said, "I just saw in your house. It's pretty dirty. Norah's mommy needs to clean more."Continued ...
- Has the ipad lost its swag?
- Darth Vader is polling higher than all potential 2016 presidential candidates
- Hospitals let patients schedule ER visits
- Don't judge mothers with messy homes