MT. VERNON — — Shoppers were out in full force this weekend making sure they had all their Christmas gifts ready for Christmas Day on Tuesday. Vendors were busy ringing up items and there was even a booth offering gift wrapping services. Children also had the opportunity to visit with Santa and tell him their last minute Christmas wishes.
Students at Summersville Grade School were getting into the routine of classroom work Tuesday after the first day of school was held last Friday. Some of the students learned the rules of using the library, enjoyed recess, and walked to their next class of the day.Continued ...
- Deichman named new police chief
- Stuff the Bus
- School time
MVTHS eyes new school tech plan
- Horse Creek Music Fest set for Sept. 27
- City responds to controversy
- Horse Creek Country Music Fest set for Sept. 27
- MVTHS eyes new school tech plan
Brenda Darlene Reynolds, 72, of Mt. Vernon, died 1:06 a.m. Tuesday, Aug. 19, 2014, at her home in Mt. Vernon. She was born Tuesday, Sept. 9, 1941, in Christopher, the daughter of Clyde and Naomi Lucille (Bailey) Riggs. She married Max Reynolds on NovContinued ...
- Brenda Forshee
- Veneta Short
- Jeanette Bailey
- Verschel A. Shaw
- Brenda Reynolds
Cardinals beat Reds on bases-loaded HBP
Jon Jay was hit by a pitch from J.J. Hoover with the base-loaded in the ninth inning, lifting the St.Louis Cardinals to a 5-4 win over the Cincinnati Reds on Tuesday night.Continued ...
- Benton edges Rams
- Cardinals beat Reds in 10 innings
- Rams place third at Preview
- Cardinals beat Reds on bases-loaded HBP
Why do people look like their pets?
As much as we might quibble over the virtues and vices of Canis domesticus, however, and over whether human nature is any better or worse than dog nature, even dog fanciers don't usually want to look like a dog.Continued ...
- 8 crucial tips for college freshmen
- Can 6 seconds launch a career? A generation of Vine stars sure hopes so.
- VIDEO: Stars react to Robin Williams' death
- Why do people look like their pets?