MT. VERNON — — Excavation work by Oniger Excavating is continuing on 34th Street. The street is closed on North Ambassador Lane to Veterans Memorial Drive. The street is being repaved and widened, and drainage improved. New sidewalks have been installed on the west side of the street from J.L. Buford School up to the construction zone.
Summersville school raises money for heart health
MT. VERNON — For Summersville Grade School math teacher Keyma Mount, participating in this past weekend's South Central Illinois Heart Walk had a very special significance.Continued ...
- Heart Walk held
- Career Fair helps educate area students
- Summersville school raises money for heart health
Central Christian Church volunteers serve the community
Central Christian Church in Mt. Vernon organized a special community service day April 12, where church volunteers performed a number of service activities throughout the city. CASA of Jefferson County was one of the organizations to receive help through this program.Continued ...
- Community Good Friday Service to be held at Good Samaritan
- Officials confirm 1 case of norovirus
- Council considers rate hike
- Central Christian Church volunteers serve the community
Robert Morris, 88 years and nine days, of Mt. Vernon, died at 1:34 p.m. Saturday, April 12, 2014, at Good Samaritan Regional Health Center. He was born April 3, 1926, in Charlestown, Ind., a son of Robert S. and Ruth (Montgomery) Morris. He was the bContinued ...
- Merret Sanders
- Willard Johnson
- Deloris A. Knight
- Barbara Hohl-Dees
- Robert Morris
To sleep well, you may need to adjust what you eat and when
Sleep. Oh, to sleep. A good night's sleep is often a struggle for more than half of American adults. And for occasional insomnia, there are good reasons to avoid using medications, whether over-the-counter or prescription.Continued ...
- Allergies are the real midlife crisis
- Train, entertain your pets with these 3 smartphone apps
- Millions of Android phones, tablets vulnerable to Heartbleed bug
- To sleep well, you may need to adjust what you eat and when