MT. VERNON — — First grade students in Jan Hover's class at the Mt. Vernon City Schools District 80 Primary Center performed a play with two classic tales — The Three Little Pigs and Goldilocks and the Three Bears. The students acted the parts, and narrated the stories, performing for other classes at the Primary Center on Tuesday afternoon.
County eyes fund transfer
MT. VERNON -- Jefferson County's Finance Committee stopped short of recommending -- at the advice of State's Attorney Doug Hoffman -- an inter fund transfer to help the county bail out of its financial plight. County Chairman Robert White recommendedContinued ...
- Arbor Day event set
- Palmer hires attorney
- Arbor Day Celebration set for Saturday
- County eyes fund transfer
George "Bo" Rawls, 73, of Wayne City, died at 9:51 a.m. April 18, 2014, at Good Samaritan Regional Health Center in Mt. Vernon. Mr. Rawls was born Nov. 9, 1940, in Wayne County, the son of Frank and Daisy (Frazier) Rawls. He married Vera (Keen) RawlsContinued ...
- Lynda Hall
- Kevin Neal
- Mary Graham
- Twanna Snow
- George Rawls
Rams outlast Orphans
The offensive floodgates finally opened in the ninth inning for Mt. Vernon's baseball team.
The Rams piled up six runs in the ninth inning to claim a 7-3 extra-inning victory Tuesday.Continued ...
- Mt. Vernon looks to move quickly on basketball opening
- Gamber resigns as Rams coach
- Blues beat Blackhawks 4-3 in triple overtime
- Rams outlast Orphans
Cats outsmart the researchers
- Do your genes make you procrastinate?
- Biggest student loan profits come from grad students
- Consumer spending on health care jumps as Affordable Care Act takes hold
- Cats outsmart the researchers