MT. VERNON — The annual Mt. Vernon Township High School Homecoming Parade brought students downtown on Thursday afternoon. The theme for Homecoming Week is “Unleash Your Inner Superhero” and the parade featured students dressed as superheroes. The Homecoming Dance will be held Saturday at Changnon Gym from 8 to 11 p.m. with spectators allowed in the gym at 9:30 p.m. for 10 p.m. coronation.
County eyes fund transfer
- Arbor Day event set
- Palmer hires attorney
- Arbor Day Celebration set for Saturday
- County eyes fund transfer
George "Bo" Rawls, 73, of Wayne City, died at 9:51 a.m. April 18, 2014, at Good Samaritan Regional Health Center in Mt. Vernon. Mr. Rawls was born Nov. 9, 1940, in Wayne County, the son of Frank and Daisy (Frazier) Rawls. He married Vera (Keen) RawlsContinued ...
- Lynda Hall
- Kevin Neal
- Mary Graham
- Twanna Snow
- George Rawls
Rams outlast Orphans
The offensive floodgates finally opened in the ninth inning for Mt. Vernon's baseball team.
The Rams piled up six runs in the ninth inning to claim a 7-3 extra-inning victory Tuesday.Continued ...
- Mt. Vernon looks to move quickly on basketball opening
- Gamber resigns as Rams coach
- Blues beat Blackhawks 4-3 in triple overtime
- Rams outlast Orphans
Cats outsmart the researchers
I knew a lot had been written about dogs, and I assumed there must be at least a handful of studies on cats. But after weeks of scouring the scientific world for someone - anyone - who studied how cats think, all I was left with was this statement, laughed over the phone to me by one of the world's top animal cognition experts, a Hungarian scientist named Ádám Miklósi.Continued ...
- Do your genes make you procrastinate?
- Biggest student loan profits come from grad students
- Consumer spending on health care jumps as Affordable Care Act takes hold
- Cats outsmart the researchers