MT. VERNON — — Kara Andrews, Hamilton-Jefferson County Regional Office of Education, and Melanie Andrews, Hamilton-Jefferson County assistant regional superintendent of schools, tape county seal competition entries to the wall of the Jefferson County Courthouse basement while Jefferson County Treasurer Dan Knox and Jefferson County Clerk and Recorder John Scott look on. County Board members judged the entries before the full board meeting Monday night.
TESA GLASS/REGISTER-NEWS Two vehicles collided at about 1:15 p.m. Friday afternoon at the intersection of Illinois Highway 37 and Dix-Irvington Road. The vehicles, driven by Carolyn Chambers, 77, of Centralia; and Timothy Durham, 43; received major dContinued ...
- County votes on aggregation
- Retailers eye store closures
- MVTHS mock trial team preps for state
- Highway crash
Robert Norman Sharpe
Robert Norman Sharpe, 70, passed away on March 2, 2014, in Dallas. He was born Feb. 23, 1944, in Moultrie, Ga., the son of the late Norman and Betty Sharpe of Mt. Vernon. He was a graduate of Mt. Vernon Township High School. He was a veteran of the VContinued ...
- Scott Lain
- Rev. Gale Breeze
- Robert Aaron
- Joan Blanks
- Robert Norman Sharpe
Hines Sight: Spring approaching quickly for area teams
Jefferson County sports fans might have a bit of a lull next week, but the spring sports season is rapidly approaching.Continued ...
- Slam Jam benefits Special Olympics
- Marion ends Rams season
- Hines Sight: Momentum could aid Rams
- Hines Sight: Spring approaching quickly for area teams
VIDEO: Penguin sweaters save birds trapped in oil spills
A wildlife group in Australia is inviting volunteers to knit sweaters for the penguin population it conserves, because it says the sweaters can actually save the lives of birds caught in oil spills.Continued ...
- VIDEO: A panoramic view from atop One World Trade Center
- Avenger an American value
- VIDEO: New 'Dancing With the Stars' cast unveiled
- VIDEO: Penguin sweaters save birds trapped in oil spills