MT. VERNON — — Businesses in the 400 block of Broadway were affected by a 4-inch water main break that happened on Sunday night. According to Public Works Director Steve McCoy, crews worked around the clock to fix the leak and the roadway, while coordinating with the railroad and the Illinois Department of Transportation. The cast iron water line is scheduled for replacement within the next year, McCoy said.
Summersville school raises money for heart health
MT. VERNON — For Summersville Grade School math teacher Keyma Mount, participating in this past weekend's South Central Illinois Heart Walk had a very special significance.Continued ...
- Heart Walk held
- Career Fair helps educate area students
- Summersville school raises money for heart health
Officials confirm 1 case of norovirus
MT. VERNON -- Officials of the Jefferson County Health Department say they have received one confirmed lab result of norovirus as a result of its ongoing investigating into a possible food borne illness outbreak. The health department first started rContinued ...
- Council considers rate hike
- Local school raises money for heart health
- MVTHS eyes high gas bill
- Officials confirm 1 case of norovirus
Robert Morris, 88 years and nine days, of Mt. Vernon, died at 1:34 p.m. Saturday, April 12, 2014, at Good Samaritan Regional Health Center. He was born April 3, 1926, in Charlestown, Ind., a son of Robert S. and Ruth (Montgomery) Morris. He was the bContinued ...
- Merret Sanders
- Willard Johnson
- Deloris A. Knight
- Barbara Hohl-Dees
- Robert Morris
Allergies are the real midlife crisis
One of the biggest mysteries is why the disease comes and goes, and then comes and goes again. People tend to experience intense allergies between the ages of 5 and 16, then get a couple of decades off before the symptoms return in the 30s, only to diminish around retirement age.Continued ...
- Train, entertain your pets with these 3 smartphone apps
- Millions of Android phones, tablets vulnerable to Heartbleed bug
- Day care's cost can exceed college tuition in some states
- Allergies are the real midlife crisis