MT. VERNON — — Students at the Benjamin Franklin Early Childhood Center enjoyed an end of the year play day with teachers and classmates. Inflatables, a fire safety trailer, games and activities were topped off with popcorn and cotton candy treats and grilled hot dogs eaten outside.
Health, career fair attracts audience
MT. VERNON — Two local organizations combined their expertise this past weekend to advance healthy lifestyles and provide information on potential health-related careers.Continued ...
- Health, career fair attracts participants
- Hayes leaves fire department
- Health, career fair attracts audience
TESA GLASS/REGISTER-NEWS Two vehicles collided at about 1:15 p.m. Friday afternoon at the intersection of Illinois Highway 37 and Dix-Irvington Road. The vehicles, driven by Carolyn Chambers, 77, of Centralia; and Timothy Durham, 43; received major dContinued ...
- County votes on aggregation
- Retailers eye store closures
- MVTHS mock trial team preps for state
- Highway crash
Robert Norman Sharpe
Robert Norman Sharpe, 70, passed away on March 2, 2014, in Dallas. He was born Feb. 23, 1944, in Moultrie, Ga., the son of the late Norman and Betty Sharpe of Mt. Vernon. He was a graduate of Mt. Vernon Township High School. He was a veteran of the VContinued ...
- Scott Lain
- Rev. Gale Breeze
- Robert Aaron
- Joan Blanks
- Robert Norman Sharpe
Rams prepare for season
Not many pieces from the Rams state final baseball team return this year, but the few that do will play a critical role in the team's success.Continued ...
- Hines Sight: Spring approaching quickly for area teams
- Slam Jam benefits Special Olympics
- Marion ends Rams season
- Rams prepare for season
Researchers tackle mystery of how some snakes can fly
Flying snakes sound like creatures from a bad B-movie, but these serpents are elegant gliders that have evolved a special skill that sets them apart. In two new studies, engineers have used simulations to try to decipher how the wingless reptile manages to remain airborne despite its lack of flight appendages.Continued ...
- VIDEO: Penguin sweaters save birds trapped in oil spills
- VIDEO: A panoramic view from atop One World Trade Center
- Avenger an American value
- Researchers tackle mystery of how some snakes can fly